Common Sense Media is the leading independent, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of kids and families by providing the information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in a world of media and technology. We are thriving and you’ll kick yourself if you don’t submit your resume!
The Marketing manager is a key member of the marketing team, who will own marketing analytics, product marketing and key marketing programs that support our growth and mission. In this role you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally in the organization with the editorial, design, video, education and development teams. You’ll make a significant impact using metrics to inform strategy and supporting other marketing outreach and brand building programs. You are the person in the organization who knows how to get things launched. This role reports into the VP of Marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Analytics – Serve as the lead for all site and mobile app analytics across the organization. You will be the Google analytics guru at the organization conducting analysis, maintaining the organization dashboards and forecasts. You will help the organization use site metrics and insights to guide marketing and product strategies and decisions.
Product Marketing - You will own product marketing for our site and initiatives including conducting competitive analysis, creating marketing requirements documents and launch plans for Guides, new app releases, site enhancements and partner programs. You will define market launch plans and tactics to drive visibility, usage and retention and you will measure and report on performance.
SEO and SEM – Working in partnership with our external expert consultant, you will oversee SEO and SEM strategy across the organization. You will be the in-house expert that helps other departments make decisions to maximize the benefits of SEO.
Marketing Programs – As a mission-driven organization, we have the opportunity to work on an exciting array of partnerships and initiatives. You will be the "go-to" person for special initiatives, with involvement in all stages: planning, design, development, refinement, launch, and evaluation. You will coordinate contributions from other departments, provide updates and reviews to senior staff, manage budgets and timelines, and be accountable for deliverables.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUME:
- BA in marketing or communications
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing, at an organization with a strong online presence
- Solid analytical skills. Experience with Google Analytics and with working with data in Excel
- Experience with SEO and SEM
- Excellent project management skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, execution-focused and able to convert energy and strategy into action and results. Ability to build strong cross-departmental relationships and be seen as a leader among peers.
- A passion for the Common Sense Media brand and mission. Experience with non-profit organizations a plus.
- Experience with advertising, copywriting, media planning, visual design, and/or digital marketing are a plus
THE “X” FACTOR – YOU ARE:
- Fun to be around
- Strong sense of creativity
- Upbeat and have an authentic “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical nature
WHAT WE OFFER
A chance to work with talented, passionate professionals
Very competitive salary based on experience
An organization that offers work/lifestyle balance
Competitive benefits including, Medical, Dental, Vision, free gym membership and a matching 401(k) plan
The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids this generation and the next!