The Role: Dale Carnegie Training -Marketing Manager - North America
We have Dale Carnegie Training operations in more than 85 countries and operate in all 50 of the United States. We have a dedicated field support team that partners with each of our operations to support a functional area of their business.
In the US, we need a marketing person who can focus on both lead generation and demand generation to support the sales efficiency and growth of each location.
As the Marketing Manager for the North American Region, you will be working with each of our operations to implement the Carnegie marketing and lead generation systems as well as administrate PPC and social media campaigns. You will have the opportunity to support these operations on a day to day basis through on line coaching meetings and site visits with the local marketing coordinator teams. You will also assist our offices with the recruiting and on boarding of new marketing coordinators and the marketing coordinator training program.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Have administrated PPC and like
- Lead/Demand Gen projects (would be working with a PPC provider)
- Experience with implementing social
- media strategies within a business context
- Conversant with promotional strategies around events
- Exposure to basic PR strategies
- Strong communication skills both over
- the phone and in person
- Exceptional human relations skills
- Ability to coach and train effectively
- Can work independently and within a team
- Good project management abilities
- Extremely computer literate: Microsoft
- Office Suite, Email Systems and CRM
Position will be based in the NYC office and work alongside other members of the corporate marketing team
Able to travel within the US
Compensation package will include:
- Annual bonus program
- Computer, Phone, Equipment for VoIP and
- webinar programs
- Participation in all Dale Carnegie Training Program
- Attendance at our annual International Convention
Founded in 1912, Dale Carnegie Training has evolved from one man's belief in the power of self-improvement to a performance-based training...