Dexter, the premier supplier of axles, doors, venting products, and related components in the utility trailer, recreational vehicle, heavy duty and manufactured housing markets, has an opportunity for a Marketing Manager at our company headquarters in Elkhart, Indiana - conveniently located near Bristol, IN, Mishawaka, IN, Goshen, IN, Middlebury, IN, South Bend, IN, White Pigeon, MI, Three Rivers, MI, Cassopolis, MI, Dowagiac, MI, and Niles, MI.
Dexter is an industry leader with a highly developed distribution network and plants in the states of Indiana, Oklahoma, and Georgia. Dexter has achieved its many years of success through a commitment to the principles of superior quality, continuous improvement, and unparalleled customer service.
In 2009, Dexter expanded our product offering with the acquisition of the RV, cargo, and horse-trailer door business from Philips Products, as well as its Ventline product offerings. The addition of these quality product offerings were natural complements to markets that Dexter serves, and where Dexter is well known for providing superior quality, service, and support.
For more information about our company, access Dexter's web site at www.dexteraxle.com
Dexter offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Dexter’s benefits package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, and 401(k) Plan with company contributions.
The position is located at the Elkhart, Indiana headquarters and reports to the company’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the oversight of the organization’s Marketing function, including the development and execution of strategic and annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix including P&L’s, pricing, packaging, advertising, promotion, public relations, digital marketing, market research, and new product development. The Marketing Manager will also supervise a small staff. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Position requires up to 20% overnight travel.
- Responsible for development and execution of strategic and annual marketing plans which address all aspects of the marketing mix including P&L’s, pricing, packaging, advertising, promotion, public relations, digital marketing, market research, and new product development.
- Shared responsibility for the delivery of volume, share and profit objectives consistent with overall brand strategy.
- Build the brand through the design and execution of consumer strategies including advertising, promotion, public relations, digital marketing and special events.
- Work closely with Sales to identify opportunities to expand the business in existing channels of trade.
- Manage all outside agency initiatives in support of the brand’s business objectives to include promotion agency and advertising, digital and public relations agencies if applicable.
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasting, develop monthly updates, and provide analysis and recommendations when sales vary from forecast.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Management, Finance or a related business degree and at least 10 years marketing experience in a fast-paced, multi-site manufacturing company. At least 3 years of experience leading the Marketing function for a company is required.
Qualifications include the following:
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced branded product marketing business environment on a national basis.
- Experience with public relations and digital marketing/social medial marketing required.
- Strong strategic, analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to take initiative, develop and seek out creative and innovative ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interface at all levels within the organization and outside the company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills