When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Marketing Manager, Wall Street Journal & Dow Jones Conferences
The Marketing Manager will join the entrepreneurial team that produces world-class conferences at The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones. The DJ/WSJ conferences group creates, launches and operates successful summits attended by the world’s leading CEOs, politicians, industry experts and innovators, as well as by top executives in vertical business segments. The strategy is to grow the conference roster significantly over the next few years. This is a high-profile role with exposure to Dow Jones’ senior leadership, with opportunity to expand and grow the position.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for recruiting high-level audiences by developing, managing and executing compelling campaigns for conference brands, under the direction of the Director of Marketing. This position will interact with a wide range of departments across The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones – including advertising and design, editorial, strategy and other Dow Jones and WSJ marketing teams – and will be responsible for marketing across multiple channels, including direct mail, print and digital advertising, email marketing, social media, and partnership development.
This position requires attention to detail and a strong creative sensibility, with the ability to work towards revenue targets in a deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of marketing, communications or sales experience, preferably in a revenue-generating context. This role requires exceptional organizational skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong writing and editing skills, an understanding of design and, ideally, experience working with designers, the ability to meet deadlines and drive projects forward, and the ability to work in a fast-changing entrepreneurial environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist in the development of marketing plans and strategies for conference brands
• Manage each conference’s marketing project plan, including design and submission schedules with internal advertising teams and outside vendors, in conjunction with the overall conference production plan
• Draft copy for conference marketing materials across a variety of topics and industries, including but not limited to policy and current events, finance and investing, information technology, law, energy and the environment, sports, and more.
• Manage development and procurement for on-site marketing and conference materials
• Liaise with advertising sales and internal product teams for sponsor activations and Dow Jones advertising
• Utilize social media to enhance marketing campaigns through use of services such as Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
Dow Jones: Making Careers Newsworthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
Dow Jones - 11 months ago
This company covers the news from Wall Street to Main Street. Dow Jones & Company is a leading provider of news and information with a...