GGP has an immediate need for a Marketing Manager supporting Baybrook Mall and Deerbrook Mall in Friendswood, TX.
General Growth Properties has been in the shopping center business for more than 50 years blending innovation, tradition and reputation to create some of the country’s top shopping centers. As employees we are collaborative, creative, self-starters who aim to positively impact the shopping experience for our customer every day. A career with GGP is your chance to embark on a rewarding journey into the retail real estate industry!
The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the marketing efforts for the property to accomplish the center goals and working with the mall team to achieve CVA goals as applicable.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Strategic Planning/Execution – Works with entire mall team to develop long-term vision at center in relation to its competitive marketplace. Leads the development of center’s annual marketing plan in support of property business plan goals. Responsible for execution of all marketing plan programs/elements including the localization of national programming as appropriate
· Leasing Assistance – Supports the leasing function through participation in the leasing process, development of leasing/sales materials and optimal representation of the center to appropriate retailers (existing and potential)
· Revenue Generation/Sponsorship – Maximizes non-traditional revenue through the execution of appropriate income-generating events, promotions and activities including gift card sales initiatives. In addition, drives the effort for obtaining local sponsorships for mall revenues, programs and events
· Retailer Relations and Sales Production – Responsible for establishing effective business relationships with the retailers on a local level in order to maximize the sales productivity and success of the events in the mall
· Research/Results Measurement – Coordinate research activity for center (customer studies, trade area demographics, customized research initiatives) and effectively utilize research information in the development and execution of center’s business and marketing plans. Develops appropriate measurement tools to monitor the effectiveness and overall success of various marketing efforts
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications include the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
· 3 years in retail and/or related shopping center experience
· Minimum 1 year experience in sales or marketing position
· Computer Skills
· Ability to communicate with and make presentations to: retailers, leasing, event and sponsorship prospects
· Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and research
· Strong verbal and written communications skills; plus interpersonal and selling skills required
· Ability to develop strategic solutions required
· Persuasion and conflict resolution skills required
· Strong team player
· 2 years supervisory experience
General Growth Properties, Inc. - 10 months ago
General Growth Properties (GGP) has an idea for an economic stimulus plan: Let's all hang out at the mall! GGP is the country's #2...