Responsible to assist the Marketing Director in all activities and skills involved in marketing, sales, and new account development. Primary customer contact for small to medium accounts or companies new to rail transportation. Direct sales and marketing functions are the key activities along with the ability to perform sales administration and analytical activities and projects. A detailed knowledge of the customer base and transportation needs is required and necessary to develop action plans and coordinating company resources in fulfilling customer requirements and satisfaction, and assigned revenue targets.
- Develop competitive service and pricing analysis to establish new pricing that meets revenue and contribution objectives
- Negotiate rates with customers and revenue divisions with connecting carriers
- Maintain pricing administration and related documentation processes ensuring that valid prices are in place and available to all parties who may require them
- Publishes prices, and resolves pricing, assessorial, and payment related disputes is a component of customer satisfaction and involvement of this position
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with customers and pricing / marketing / operating representatives of other railroads as a means of accomplishing goals and representing the Region
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, Master's Degree in Business/Marketing preferred. 7+ years Marketing/Business development experience required. 9 years relevant experience and/or 3 years railroad experrience in the railroad industry preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft software, predominantly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Development and experience with pricing, tariffs, commercial regulations within the railroad industry.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Proven record of being resourceful and performing well with limited supervision.
- Proven record of positive sales growth and account development.
Genesee & Wyoming (GWI) once relied on the salt of the earth -- hauling salt on a 14-mile railroad for one customer. Now, however, the...