William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, seeks a Marketing Manager to join the marketing department publishing a wide array of hardcovers, paperbacks and ebooks including commercial and literary fiction, narrative nonfiction and self-help. Candidate must be forward-thinking and able to create and implement both traditional and non-traditional marketing initiatives into full print and digital campaigns. This position works mainly with originals, but also some reprints.
•Under the guidance of a Group Marketing Director and Deputy Publisher, conc
ieve and execute the marketing campaigns for 45-50 hardcovers and paperbacks per year –working closely with authors and agents as campaigns unfold.
• Communicate directly with editors, authors and agents about campaigns – from presentation through execution.
• Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience
• Must have at least 5 years of consumer marketing experience in book publishing or media with relatable marketing experience
• Ability to present to authors and agents in group meetings
• Experience marketing hardcovers and ebooks
• Experience working with book bloggers and marketing to book clubs
• Experience using social networking websites (such as Facebook and Twitter) as a marketing and sales tool, as well as implementing Web 2.0 ideas such as apps, wikis, blogs, podcasts, crowd sourcing, etc. to promote the William Morrow brand as well as our books and authors
• Experience marketing ebooks to consumers and a knowledge of ebook devices and retail channels
• Experience managing and maintaining a marketing budget required
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.
HarperCollins Publishers Inc. - 14 months ago