The Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the
development and implementation of the marketing /
communications initiatives necessary to achieve the
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Strategic Planning and Execution – Works with the
entire management team and corporate marketing team to
develop a long-term strategic position for the property
in response to consumer and market dynamics that
differentiates it from the competition. Leads the
development of the property’s annual marketing plan and
budget in support of property business plan goals.
Drives execution of all marketing plan
programs/elements, including the localization of
national programming as appropriate.
· Leasing Assistance – Supports the leasing function
through participation in the leasing process,
development of leasing/sales materials and ideal
representation of the property to appropriate retailers
(existing and potential).
· Revenue Generation/Sponsorship – Maximizes
non-traditional revenue through the execution of
appropriate income-generating events, promotions and
activities, including gift card sales initiatives.
Drives the effort for obtaining local sponsorships for
mall revenues, programs and events.
· Retailer Relations and Sales Production – Establishes
effective business relationships with the retailers on a
local level in order to maximize the sales productivity
and success of the events at the property.
· Vendor Management – Manages and coordinates the
relationship with key vendors, such as advertising
agencies, PR firms and e-commerce / web development
companies who produce marketing efforts on behalf of the
property, ensuring consistency, continuity and quality.
· Research/Results Measurement – Coordinates research
activity for center (customer studies, trade area
demographics, customized research initiatives, etc.) and
effectively utilizes research information in the
development and execution of the property’s business and
marketing plans. Develops and reports appropriate
measurement tools to monitor the effectiveness and
overall success of various marketing efforts.
· Support/Implement social media campaigns
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
· Minimum five years experience in a marketing position;
retail experience strongly preferred.
· Able to develop strategic solutions.
· Persuasion and conflict resolution skills required.
· Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
· Build positive working relationships with employees at
all levels within the organization.
· Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
· Work overtime as required.
· Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
· Effectively work with minimal supervision.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
· Good problem solver/creative thinker.
· “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
· Experience with Illustrator preferred.
· Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word,
Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business
Administration or equivalent required.
· Typical office environment.
· Some travel may be required on a sporadic basis.