Intertek Commercial & Electrical provides safety testing and certification services to a variety of industries including wireless technology, security, home appliances, industrial, medical, telecommunications, automotive, building products and electronics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for leading the development and execution of integrated marketing plans and strategies that directly contribute to delivering Intertek’s sales and profitability targets. The Marketing Manager leads internal teams to ensure that market strategies are based on customer insights in order to achieve business objectives and gain competitive advantage. Maintaining clear lines of communication, this position works collaboratively with leaders from Global and Regional Business Lines, Sales, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance.
- Leads the development of marketing plans and strategies for assigned vertical industries to
- ensure the attainment of business objectives
- Analyzes sales data, economic indicators and voice of customer data to develop and execute
- marketing strategies for key markets
- Evaluates and monitors local competition and recommends strategies for market share growth, protection and development that can be integrated into marketing plans
- Collaborates closely with Business Line and Sales leaders to ensure strategies and plans are integrated and aligned
- Creates unique and differentiated value propositions and crafts messaging tailored to various external stakeholders
- Develops marketing programs and campaigns to attract potential customers and maximize volume from current customers
- Establishes initiative-related metrics and measurement strategies to track Return on
- Investment (ROI) and validate the success of marketing programs; takes corrective action and makes adjustments to the annual marketing plans as necessary
- Ensures that effective below-the-line (BTL) marketing initiatives are developed in coordination with the Marketing Communications team and executed with the field sales organization
- Works in partnership with the Marketing Communications team on the creation of effective above-the-line (ATL) brand marketing initiatives to increase awareness and recognition of the Intertek brand
- Leads the development of public relations initiatives; directs the company’s external PR agency in conjunction with the Marketing Communications team to ensure flawless execution of deliverables
- Supports each stage of the sales cycle with key marketing deliverables such as presentations, sales aids and tools, and collateral; owns the adoption and activation of collateral and messaging used by the sales team
- Collaborates with Marketing Communication team members on the development and implementation of marketing literature, sales tools and customer communications
- Champions the voice of the customer, drives initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and loyalty, and ensures customer problems are addressed and escalated in a timely manner
- Controls and manages marketing plan spending for assigned vertical industries; assists in the creation of the total annual marketing budget
- Recommends, creates, and implements best practice policies, procedures, and processes; collaborates and shares best practices with other regions
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in marketing, preferably in the B2B space
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field; MBA or advanced degree desirable but not required
- Must have a background in Information communication technology: Communications equipment, computer equipment, Network equipment, Mobile devices (smart phones, tablets), Mobile applications & software, Wire and cabling products
- Solid knowledge of marketing practices and strategies with an emphasis on client acquisition and retention
- Leadership experience in developing strategic marketing plans
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously within short time lines; well versed at connecting strategic objectives to tactical implementation
- Self-motivated and able manage projects from inception through to completion
- Ability to understand market trends, customer needs and competitive intelligence data
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to support or defend a position or idea in a clear, concise and persuasive manner
- Highly collaborative approach and demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build, manage and influence virtual teams
- Comfortable managing through change and working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek - 18 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...