An MTV brand focused on global pop music and culture is looking for a Marketing Manager to drive brand awareness & buzz and build audience engagement. The manager will be responsible for developing marketing strategies, promotional and social media plans, event marketing, planning and execution for the MTV World portfolio. He or she will have a proven track record in the digital marketing space and will help drive MTVW presence on social platforms and other engagement tools. In addition to overall plan development, tactical activity includes developing promotional & pr integration ideas, managing agencies and vendors, and researching new approaches and technology enablers across media.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director of the division, the Marketing Manager will work closely with the division’s Production, Editorial and Programming teams, and various MTV Network departments and affiliates. The role also includes liaising with music labels/artists, bloggers, tastemakers and other partners to drive awareness and viral buzz around the MTVW properties.
The division is focused on emerging pop music trends from around the world – therefore, the ideal person will have cross-genre music knowledge (particularly indie and global), a love for pop culture, technical savvy and thorough familiarity with the digital music and content space. Knowledge of global, cutting-edge digital music experiences is important. A minimum of 5 years experience in marketing is preferred. We are looking for a highly proactive and motivated team-player who can work within an entrepreneurial environment.
- Develop and execute marketing plans that drive awareness of MTVW brands, bring traffic to site and drive ongoing engagement
- Create breakthrough promotions and social media campaigns
- Manage PR and Media campaigns, working closely with agencies
- Event marketing (branding/signage, promotions, audience casting, VIP invites etc)
- Manage marketing calendar, contest/sweepstakes, collateral, legal documents
- Identify opportunities to partner with artists, bloggers, brands to drive MTVW brand awareness, leverage PR platform, and create viral marketing promotions
- Manage blog/influencer outreach
- Closely monitor market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activities in the digital space
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional MTVW team and partners
- Assist in other marketing activities, as required
Required Skills/Qualifications include:
- 5+ years work experience in marketing (entertainment, agency, and/or consumer brand experience preferred)
- Proven track record of developing successful marketing programs
- An understanding of viral marketing trends, effective social media strategies, plus effective brand marketing and PR integration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, plus the ability to work independently
- Strong promotional writing skills
- Knowledge of or interest in pop music trends from around the world
- Technical savvy