In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
Responsible for project management of marketing initiatives and coordinating advertising, research, website, donations, CRA and community/public relations projects with direction from Marketing Officer. Interact with Bank marketing partners to assure strong flow of communication and project tracking in execution of annual Marketing Plan & Budget.
Principal Duties and Objectives
Advertising – 30%
Research and Analysis – 25%
- Provide marketing project support with campaign development and execution, ranging from major ad campaigns to small targeted mailings. Maintain compliance records for advertising and product literature.
- Create and/or work with technology partners (such as ExactTarget, Intuit, Fiserv) or other departments to implement marketing or customer notice messaging on email newsletters, customer letters, digital displays, customer deposit statements, ATM and electronic banking screens.
- Support various departments with development of collateral, sales kits, fliers, customer notices, signage, and other materials as needed. Collaborate with business units to ensure content in product literature such as brochures and rack cards is current and compliant.
- Follow the Bank’s style guide and brand standards to design or coordinate production of items such as: flyers, signage, sponsorship/playbill ads, website banner ads, etc. for internal/external use using InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
Website content – 15%
- Conduct or coordinate internal customer research/analysis on projects segmentation, attrition, cross sell opportunity, etc. utilizing a customer database, MCIF, core (Fiserv), Mortgagbot or other systems. Assist with external research such as fee surveys, rate surveys or market studies.
- Act as liaison between Marketing and Operations departments for Product Development Team projects, such as new product research and/or existing product modifications. Periodically perform research and/or evaluation of existing products and make recommendations to management. Document product research meeting minutes. Communicate appropriately with business units to implement product enhancements and product launches that need marketing promotion.
Public Relations and Donations/CRA – 20%
- Post changes to website content using ExpressEngine content management software. Manage product related content of website in collaboration with section owners to ensure accuracy and compliance.
Administrative Support – 10%
- Compile and process donation and sponsorship requests in preparation for quarterly review, document evidence of eligibility to support CRA Officer with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Community Development “investments/donations/grants. “
- Gather documentation on employee volunteerism and financial literacy to support CRA Officer with CRA Community Development “service.”
- Assist business unit staff and/or manage volunteers and logistics for events such as branch openings, major sponsorships (i.e., Lake Monsters, Thunder Road), customer appreciation events, etc. Coordinate Bank attendance and/or staffing at various events. Collaborate with other Bank staff to purchase and/or distribute tickets, t-shirts and promotional items, booth and banners.
- Assist Marketing Officer with writing and/or distribution of press releases including, but not limited to, employee announcements or event publicity. Assist in collaboration with Investor Relations as needed for corporate releases.
Participate in/lead any special projects and duties assigned.
- Process department invoices weekly for payment. Monitor expenses for various project/event and/or business unit marketing budgets.
- Assist Marketing Officer with reforecast each quarter and with budget preparation each year.
Qualifications and Education Requiremen t
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, business, or equivalent experience.
Three to five years experience in marketing, community relations or public relations.
Experience in banking industry preferred; Familiarity with banking core systems preferred.
Proficient with Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, and website content management software.
Proven ability with graphic design and comprehension of brand standards.
Excellent written and verbal communication credentials.
Demonstrated self-starter with ability to initiate progress on objectives without daily supervision.
Professional demeanor and interpersonal skills to create effective teamwork and represent the Bank internally and externally.
Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects, on deadline and within budget in fast-paced environment.
Ability to comprehend and practice sound banking procedures and operations in a regulated environment, including Community Reinvestment Act.
Effectiveness in supporting an assertive sales culture within the parameters of financial safety and soundness.
Financial aptitude and strong analytical capability; understanding of accounting principles and financial statements preferred
Must be able to lift 50 pounds
Occasional travel within Vermont. Must be flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends
Merchants Bank VT - 14 months ago