This position provides brand leadership and expertise for the brand portfolio business across channels. Working with cross-functional leaders and brand team members, the Brand Manager develops and executes strategic marketing plans to meet brand business objectives, including revenue and profitability goals. A blend of business and brand management, and effective leadership skills are critical for success in this position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Develop strategic marketing plans, including annual business plans, to meet business objectives. Annual planning lead for the brand marketing team.
* Recommend adjustments as needed, considering competitive initiatives and progress against business objectives.
* Lead, motivate, and partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, R&D and Finance) to implement the brand business plans.
* Manage the day-to-day business operations, including: (a) Execution of marketing programs including advertising, consumer promotions, packaging, and Point-of-Sale, (b) Business analysis (e.g., Nielsen, Homescan and other syndicated research), (c) Financial and volume forecast, (d) Budget management, including Cost of Goods Sold management, SKU rationalization and cost savings projects, (e) Competitive monitoring and response.
* Participate in communications program development and execution.
* Responsible for building 3 -5 year innovation and renovation plan for the brand portfolio. As part of that, lead the new product development process: identify consumer insights, develop concepts/positioning, assess market potential, develop capital and capacity needs, and partner with cross-functional team to quickly bring viable new products to market.
* Attend and take accountability for production start-up at plants.
* Partner with Customer Marketing to develop account/channel specific-initiatives.
* Lead the preparation and presentation of new product initiatives and marketing plans at the annual National Rally.
* Direct and coach performance Associate Brand Managers.
* Motivate direct reports, assist in goal setting, provide performance feedback & development opportunities and resolve issues as they arise.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated the following skills through specific work experiences and identifiable business results:
* A strong results orientation.
* Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
* Thorough understanding of P&L and fluency in manufacturing processes.
* Passion for consumer insight and creativity.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Cross-functional project leadership experience working with field Operations and Sales functions.
* Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the Marketing function.
* Adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles.
* Quantitative strength and proven competency in directing and interpreting market research for applicable business insights.
BA required; MBA preferred.
Minimum 5 years of brand management and/or consumer marketing experience with a top-tier CPG firm preferred.
Minimum 1 year supervisory experience.|
Nestlé USA makes delicious, convenient and nutritious food and beverage products that make good living possible. Nestlé S.A.,...