The Marketing Manager will lead the company's efforts to successfully build industry leading market share for its innovative products. This position will take ownership for customer and field-facing product marketing functions of the company’s EV bus for transit agencies product line ranging from: creating a marketing plan to support category revenue targets, product roadmap development and versioning, product positioning, messaging, sales force and partner training, product evangelism, analyst communications, marketing programs, product presentations and demonstrations, product launches, and more.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
Product Roadmap Development:
- Performs the market research, customer information, buyers' needs, competitive intelligence in order to create market differentiation and preference for Proterra's line of EV transportation solutions.
- Determines market demand and potential, Proterra product development capabilities, market cost and price structure and all other necessary information for successful EV bus product performance.
- Supports market development duties will include conducting and coordinating research to determine the feasibility of selling products and services to existing new markets.
Demand Generation Programs:
- Develops criteria and critical data for creation of the company's product roadmap.
- Works in conjunction with engineering and product development to define, prioritize and time key roadmap products using market research data and customer input. Interfaces with finance and executive management to align the product roadmap to strategic and revenue goals.
- Communicates product roadmap strategy to the rest of the Proterra organization.
Pricing and Financing Programs:
- Develops segmentation strategies and conduct customer segmentation to maximize sales growth and market share ownership against the strategic goals of the company.
- Develops the understanding of customer needs and create the value propositions, positioning and messaging platform to most effectively address them.
- Supports marketing communications in the development of customer outreach campaigns and events. Develop internal and external stakeholder communication strategies and programs to communicate price, program and promotional information.
Competitive and Market Analysis:
- Supports the development of pricing strategies, price setting and financing offerings.
- Defines concession thresholds and volume-based price discount structures.
- Provides input to support or reject price exception and concession requests. Produce demand forecasts based on pricing objectives and strategies.
- Develops ROI models for bus and infrastructure equipment purchase that incorporates available government funding programs. Manage the creation and recommendation for innovative financing offerings for product and infrastructure equipment.
New Product launches
- Builds and manages implementation of competitive product marketing strategies to achieve Proterra business objectives for products and services.
- Maintains an understanding of competitors, their strengths and weaknesses.
- Reports on product changes of Proterra competitors and provides competitive assessment reports based on field intelligence, industry data and customer feedback.
- Researches market trends, industry needs and customer dynamics to identify potential market factors affecting product demand.
- Develop and plan all of Proterra’s new product or product innovation launches, this will include literature, value definition, total life cycle cost, shows and product demonstration, and a complete communications plan.
Education and Experience
- Trains Sales and service organization on the market, customer profile, buying behavior, competition and the go-to-market strategies to most effectively reach the company's business objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field with 5 years experience in product marketing and management in the commercial transportation business, e.g. buses, trucks, fleet automobiles, heavy equipment. MBA is preferred.
- At least one year project management experience, mentoring or group lead experience is required.
- Experience with public transportation, education and/or government markets would be highly desirable in a candidate. Previous or current experience with EV vehicles, hybrid vehicles, or EV battery/hybrid systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with RFP processes, account servicing and support of transit agencies and related public entities especially at the municipal and county level is a plus.
- Ability to quickly understand and apply Proterra's product innovation approach to solve relevant and critical transportation issues of customers is critical.
- Possesses excellent communications skills and able to articulate product vision and value propositions to prospects, customers, partners, sales reps, and executive-level audiences.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing and website design/administration.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Services (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- First-class motivator and someone who is a passionate champion for the business.
- Easily earns credibility with subordinates, senior management and customers and persuades others to act upon your recommendations.
- Able to set the highest standards of achievement, integrity and ethics while assisting others to realize the same.
proterra - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard