Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Manager at The National Theatre. The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Marketing.
This position will implement the activities and operations of the Director of Marketing, including sponsorship and marketing fulfillment, website maintenance, execution of social media campaigns, graphic design, audience cultivation and grassroots outreach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist the Director of Marketing with sponsorship fulfillment and execution of hospitality and donor campaigns
• Work closely with the Marketing and management team to make improvements to the website
• Update website as needed
• Update all social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter
• Execute texting campaigns and mobile marketing campaigns, where applicable
• Create and manage event and group sales newsletters/eblasts
• Manage email campaigns for all events including presale/ onsale offers, tracking and reporting
• Conceptualize & execute online promotions for participating tours and theater sponsored events
• Execute grassroots campaigns for all applicable events
• Design internal ads for industry publications
• Assist Director of Marketing with the design, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs
• In absence of Director of Marketing and contracted publicist, handle press-related duties during events
• Execute promotions and special events with event promoters and facility personnel
• Communicate with outside advertising agencies/promoters on on-going campaigns. Write and prepare copy for print/radio/TV spots, where applicable
• Implement new strategies for audience cultivation including community outreach, social media, patron data collection, and community partnership development
• Update marketing department about developments in interactive technologies and ways to stay up to date
• Assist in conducting market research to identify opportunities for increased sales
• Update online event listings
• Get quotes for printing and other supplies as needed
• Maintain files (i.e. press clips, photos, booking notices)
• Maintains, at all times, high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance
• Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG's Management Credo
• All other duties/responsibilities as assigned
• Well-versed in the Washington D.C. market and theater/entertainment industries
• Strong knowledge of and demonstrated ability in Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Word Press, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to effectively work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
• Strong proofreading abilities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with advertisers, users, employees, and the general public
• Ability to organize and implement advertising, sponsorship and promotions programs
• Ability to prepare effective reports
• Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers with a wide-range of personalities
• Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by programming
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, in sports and entertainment, marketing, public relations, mass communications or related field.
Previous experience/internship in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related industry experience required.
Nicole Landry, Director of Marketing
The National Theatre
1321 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington D.C. 20004
No Phone Calls Will Be Accepted.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V