Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Marketing Manager at the INTRUST Bank Arena.
Summary: Manage administration and direction of the marketing, promotion, advertising and public relations
activities associated with events. Develop marketing and advertising campaigns for concerts, family shows
and other events with the responsibility of placing media, developing grassroots/viral campaigns and
managing advertising expenses. Supervise marketing staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees and interns in the Marketing Department in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees/interns, planning assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop and implement integrated event marketing plans including advertising, promotion, grassroots and public relations.
- Manage all aspects of advertising and media campaigns to include cash and trade media allocation.
- Negotiate and place media buys for events including television, radio, print and online.
- Manage multiple advertising budgets and prepare show settlement information for event advertising.
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs (Adobe Photoshop experience preferred).
- Manage all Social Media channels, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, FourSquare, YouTube, Flickr and WordPress.
- Develop and deliver social media marketing strategies and campaigns, manage content of all social media channels on a daily basis, and maintain creative and relevant content.
- Manage all e-mail marketing communications, including list management, content management and campaign execution through email campaign software (Campaign Creator experience preferred).
- Communicate with outside advertising and PR agencies on on-going campaigns. Write and prepare copy for print/radio/TV spots.
- Implement PR campaigns for events as needed, including pitching and scheduling TV, radio and print interviews and appearances and creating and executing on and off-site PR events.
- Manage and coordinate press related duties during events including TV station coverage, photographers and reviewers.
- Prepare and distribute company and event press releases, as needed.
- Manage and track marketing and advertising agreements for the facility.
- Coordinate promotions and special events with event promoters and facility personnel. Work in conjunction with Event Services in the planning and execution of events, and event sponsorships.
- Prepares copy and layout of monthly staff newsletter and quarterly company newsletter.
- Provide post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing campaigns.
- Train and manage staff and interns within the marketing department to assist in the development and implementation of all marketing aspects for events.
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing, as needed.
- Maintain high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG's Management Credo.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications
required. Previous experience (2-3 years) within venue management or event management handling
Marketing or Public Relations preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Professional qualities should include solid business judgment/decision making ability, delivers on commitments, able to work and deliver a high quantity of quality results under extreme time and budget pressure, time management skills, oral/written communication skills, including public speaking ability.
- Personal qualities should include being a self-starter, results driven, self-motivated, aggressiveness, enthusiasm, ambition, drive, tenacity, empathy, compassion, sense of humor, articulate, high degree of integrity, intellect and innovative.
- Ability to listen to input from executives, colleagues, and direct reports and take comments, suggestions and critiques open mindedly.
- Live Entertainment industry knowledge/background preferred.
- Solid knowledge of market and media buying, planning, and social media.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word/Excel/PowerPoint), graphics (i.e. Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator), and website design.
- Strong writing skills to craft and edit emails, advertising text, brochures, promotional materials, programs
- Ability to update website content (knowledge of HTML a plus)
- Ability to respond immediately during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via mobile phone is required
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Project Management
- Strong negotiating skills
- Graphic design (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator experience preferred)
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Basic understanding of demographics and media buying ability
- Requires flexible schedule to cover events
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: No certifications are required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to operate a keyboard and move around the facility. Must be able to hear and speak to use two-way radio and telephone. Must be able to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Requires occasional fast-paced interaction with large groups of people.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
INTRUST Bank Arena
500 E. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer