POSITION: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Marketing Manager at the INTRUST Bank Arena. The Marketing Manager is responsible for administration and direction of the marketing, promotion, advertising and public relations activities associated with events. Develop marketing and advertising campaigns for concerts, family shows and other events with the responsibility of placing media, developing grassroots/viral campaigns and managing advertising expenses. Supervise marketing staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement integrated event marketing plans including promotion, publicity, advertising and public relations.
- Manage all aspects of advertising and media campaigns to include cash allocation; trade media allocation and conversion, website, marquee and building signage content.
- Manage development, production, and distribution of promotional and collateral materials to support sales and marketing programs.
- Work in conjunction with Event Services in the planning and execution of events, and event sponsorships.
- E-mail marketing: list management, content management and campaign execution through email campaign software (Campaign Creator preferred).
- Media buying/trades (print, television, radio, online)
- Communicate with outside advertising agencies on on-going campaigns. Write and prepare copy for print/radio/TV spots. Places advertising for event marketing.
- Utilize Social Media tools (Twitter, Facebook, Four Square)
- Manage press related duties during events.
- Prepare and disseminate company event and press releases, as needed.
- Coordinate promotions and special events with event promoters and facility personnel “supervise marketing efforts.”
- Prepare show settlement information for event advertising.
- Prepares copy and layout of company newsletter Ezine.
- Provide post-event reports, analysis, and regular status reports on marketing programs.
- Manage budget allowance for each of the shows
- Develop and deliver social media marketing strategies and tactics.
- Train and manage staff and interns within the marketing department to assist in the development and implementation of all marketing aspects for events.
- Assist Director of Sales and Marketing, as needed.
- Maintain high standards, positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Works within the guidelines set forth in SMG's Management Credo.
Directly supervises employees and interns in the Marketing Department in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees/interns, planning assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or Communications required. Previous experience (2-3 years) within venue management or event management handling Marketing or Public Relations preferred.
- Solid business judgment/decision making ability, delivers on commitments, able to work and deliver a high quantity of quality results under extreme time and budget pressure, time management skills, oral/written communication skills, including public speaking ability.
- Self-starter, results driven, self-motivated, aggressiveness, enthusiasm, ambition, drive, tenacity, empathy, compassion, sense of humor, articulate, high degree of integrity, intellect and innovative.
- Ability to listen to input from executives, colleagues, and direct reports and take comments, suggestions and critiques open mindedly.
- Live Entertainment industry knowledge/background preferred.
- Solid knowledge of market and media buying, planning, and social media.
- Strong writing skills to craft and edit emails, advertising text, brochures, promotional materials, programs,
- Ability to update website content.
- Ability to respond immediately during normal business hours, after hours and on weekends via mobile phone is required.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Project Management
- Strong negotiating skills
- Graphic design
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Basic understanding of demographics and media buying ability
- Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
consideration and may be sent to:
INTRUST Bank Arena
500 E. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
FAX: 316/ 440-9199
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employee M/F/V/D
SMG World - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard