The Marketing Manager owns the planning and execution of Shift4’s B2B marketing and events initiatives from concept to completion. This is a hands-on position that requires you to be proactive and maintain a high level of productivity while managing numerous projects. You need to be self-motivated with the drive to deliver success without delegating your responsibilities to others.
A successful candidate for this position will have exceptional organizational skills, an eye for detail, a knack for resolving problems quickly, and the ability to approach projects both tactically and strategically. Familiarity with the technology and/or financial industry is essential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Professional and articulate oral and written communication skills are required
- The ability to ask appropriate questions and persuasively convey design solutions to a broad range of people and departments such as Sales, Executive Management, Development, etc.
- An applied knowledge of solution selling in the B2B environment
- You must understand market changes and be able to identify opportunities
- Strong organizational skills
- You’ll be expected to independently analyze information and solve problems
- The ability to work with key departments and employees in a consultative manner
- You must be flexible in a changing environment and acknowledge urgency when necessary
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and work under shifting deadlines
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters
- Advanced knowledge of standard business tools like the Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
Education and Experience
- Evaluate and support all tradeshow events and activities
- Create and develop direct marketing programs and follow-ups for B2B events
- Coordinate with Marketing team to brainstorm ideas and execute projects to completion
- Create communication vehicles that clearly explain our positioning and product offerings and benefits
- Assist in developing marketing relationships for Shift4 with outside vendors to advance our brand presence in the market and our stated growth objectives
- Create and develop direct marketing programs and follow-up procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- B.A. in marketing or a related field
- Five to seven years marketing experience in a corporate B2B marketing environment
- Successful track record of project management
- Experience in the payments industry and software knowledge a plus
Shift4 Corporation - 9 months ago