SourceMedia has an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and bright individual to play a pivotal role in supporting select brands (Mortgage & Capital Markets brands) and their national advertising sales team.
This self-motivated candidate will be expected to create, develop, manage and optimize marketing programs and initiatives to meet brand and market share goals and objectives related to growth categories, new advertiser prospects, competitive campaigns, and new product launches.
You will be part of a core marketing department, reporting to the Director of Marketing, but will work closely with publishers and their sales teams to interpret and communicate research findings and industry trends to articulate the strategic brand direction for multiple publications in the marketplace and in the minds of advertisers/prospects.
- Manage day-to-day print and online brand and advertising marketing programs for multiple print and online products and services for the Mortgage and Capital Markets brands
- Understand and effectively communicate the value proposition and key benefits of our publications as it relates to current and prospective advertising clients.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and General Manager to create and execute marketing plans and tools to support ad sales and other company sales & marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain marketing & sales materials such as media kits, sell sheets, core presentations, client proposals, brand guidelines, advertiser newsletters, product advertising, etc.
- Partner with sales teams to assist in the development, ideation and strategic thinking for best-in-class customized integrated solutions for high profile advertising partners
- Keep the national ad sales team apprised of new sales strategies through regular communications highlighting marketplace development, competitor updates, newly created or updated product releases and general organizational information.
- Develop and manage a modest marketing budget. Collaborate with the finance department to ensure accuracy and ensure that expenses fall within budgets.
- Gather and analyze data through tools (i.e. 3 rd party research, survey monkey, IMS, SRDS, etc.) to draw compelling insights and translate into the marketing message to maximize impact on advertising sales.
- Track all print, online, email and social media marketing activities (through various reporting tools such as GoogleAnalytics) and report monthly on performance and provide executive marketing updates
- Identify and negotiate with partners and manage trade relationships
- Demonstration of a highly committed work ethic and a passion for marketing
- A proven, successful track record of increasing company revenue through well-executed online marketing efforts.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, project management, planning, budgeting, goal-setting and execution skills are required.
- Fast learner with great organizational skills and ability to prioritize and fulfill multiple projects simultaneously, while being mindful of budgets and deadlines inherent in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong listening and communications skills to forge effective working relationships up, down and across the organization.
- Excellent writing communication skills to effectively sell ideas through carefully crafted proposals and creative presentations. Previous experience writing marketing and/or PR copy is required.
- Strong meeting management skills and comfortable collaborating with key internal department stakeholders (Editorial, Custom Marketing, Technology, Ad Operations, Audience Development, Conferences and Circulations) to deliver best thinking and practices.
- Direct experience of developing integrated sales materials, proposals and presentations is essential. Managing RFPs from conception to completion
- Prior experience in event and tradeshow marketing is preferred. Candidates must be willing to travel domestically on occasion.
- A positive, can-do attitude combined with flexibility is a winning combination for this role.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a marketing position for an agency, advertiser, media company or publication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Communications or similar field
- Experience in and/or knowledge of financial services is a plus.
- Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint and Excel), Dreamweaver, Exact Target (or other email marketing platform), Basecamp, CMS systems, SalesForce, Adobe (photoshop is a plus)
Please e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org .
SourceMedia - 18 months ago