Tencent is looking for top talent to build our team in the U.S. The ideal candidate will thrive in a creative and often ambiguous environment. S/he has the courage to challenge the status quo and superior judgment to make decisions that impact our business and users on a daily basis. S/he is passionate and self-motivated to continuously exceed expectations; meeting expectations is not an acceptable option.
The Marketing Manager is a strong strategist and not merely an executioner. The role encompasses everything from public relations to online and offline marketing events to data and analytics. The successful individual is a high level strategic thinker with experience in brand marketing as well as product feature marketing. Creative marketing experience is mandatory. The ideal candidate will have a consulting/ banking background and transitioned into B2C marketing of fun consumer internet products.
- Develop and execute all aspects of the Marketing Plan, including, but not limited to target market identification, analysis, budgeting, category and competitive analysis with a focus on new user acquisition.
- Manage agencies.
- Create and develop marketing collateral.
- Write press releases and coordinate with appropriate channels.
- Execute multiple online marketing channels as well as offline marketing channels.
- Design and launch an effective go-to-market strategy for our mobile product.
- Ensure consistent messaging across campaigns.
- Develop marketing to create our brand and continuously improve brand recognition.
- Manage brand assets and maintain brand quality standards.
- Create differentiated product messaging and positioning.
- Manage marketing strategy development including concept research, brand positioning and messaging research
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure all aspects of marketing communications are on brand, focused on the user, and employ best practices. Plan and deliver successful mobile marketing campaigns.
- Interact and communicate effectively with production staff in China (ie. emails, phone and conf-calls). Chinese language skills are a plus.
- Own reporting performance metrics on a daily/weekly basis.
- Constantly push the boundaries on brand and digital marketing efforts and what can be done to drive leading edge efforts.
Located in Palo Alto, California, Tencent America is dedicated to bringing high quality and engaging gaming and mobile experiences to our users.
- Degree in Business or Marketing. MBA preferred.
- 7-10+ years work (& marketing) experience. Will consider directly related experience on the agency side.
- B2C experience a must.
- Experience managing agencies.
- Creative marketing experience (not just online) a must.
- Experience managing large scale/ big budget campaigns.
- Experience in consumer internet / consumer technology marketing highly preferred.
- Strong skills in data and analytics, as well as data analysis tools. Strong problem solving abilities.
- Experience measuring and using KPI's.
- Prior experience working globally in a cross-cultural environment with remote teams is a plus. Chinese language skills helpful.
- Experience creating and developing marketing collateral.
- Experience writing press releases.
- Experience launching a mobile product or a track record of marketing for mobile products at previous employer(s) a plus.
- Career start in consulting/ banking highly preferred.
We are small and nimble, but growing rapidly and looking for top talent to propel us forward. Combining the results-oriented nature of a startup with the resources of a profitable and leading internet company, Tencent America offers a unique opportunity for aspiring individuals to thrive. We embrace a culture of teamwork & creativity and are driven by our values - Integrity, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation. We seek like-minded individuals who prosper and thrive in this culture, and also know how to have fun. We offer competitive compensation, fully paid health benefits, on-site gaming (of course), and truly value our team members and their professional growth.
For more information about Tencent, please visit us at: http://careers.tencent.com/global/