Imagine a community of students taking action toward their dreams and living happier lives. In this world, people are so fulfilled they reach out and positively contribute to the lives of others. That’s whom we impact, and that’s what we are building. Want to be a part of it?
To determine whether you'd be a good fit, ask yourself…
- Would you like to go to work each day knowing that you are using your talents to help others and better the world?
- Are you inspired by the thought of positively impacting tens of thousands of students?
- Are you ready to work in an organization that is rapidly growing and embraces change?
- Would you like to work with people whom you respect and can learn from every day?
- Do you desire to work for an organization that cares about your growth, where your own drive and interests help you create your own future?
- Do you live within commuting distance of Hoboken, NJ?
Our guiding question is: “Are we helping the greatest number of people in the greatest possible way?" Are you inspired? Let’s change the world together.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications will join a team of 29 purpose-driven staff members in a friendly, focused, fast-paced office environment where we are currently serving more than 350 College Chapters and more than 250,000 student members. We are expanding due to rapid growth.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the successful coordination of communications and marketing projects. Working directly with the team, they will provide needed assistance and direction in overall marketing functions. A primary focus of this position will be copywriting and development of print and web based marketing initiatives. This person will play a key role in visual design projects review and providing direction/feedback to our graphic designer.
The successful candidate will have strong copywriting skills, great organizational skills, strong project management skills, and the ability to multi-task based on priority.
Benefits You Get While Working at the Society Include:
- Healthcare Benefits
- 401K with 3% employer contribution
- Working daily with a team of positive people
- Snack area and refrigerator stocked with healthy food
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand into new markets
- Flexibility to work 1 day/week from home, if you’re reaching goals
- Feeling good knowing you are using your talents to better the world
- 1.5hr lunch to work out at a five-star gym and cost of membership subsidized
- Bonuses up to 13% of salary based on achievement of company-wide metrics
- A company that believes and invests in your personal and professional growth
- Paid vacation days, holidays, PLUS the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Write articles, bulletins, sales letters, newsletters, and other related informative, marketing and promotional material
- Manage working with designer for production of promotional literature, collateral and other materials to support recruitment of interns, new chapter growth, and promotion of events, assuring high quality visual representation of our program
- Contribute on the marketing team by offering innovative and effective strategies for program marketing and student intern recruitment
- Write to customers in their terms and on their level so that the desired message is more readily received and vary language and tone of messages based on audience
- Discuss with team members the product, advertising themes and methods, and any changes that should be made in advertising copy
- Write advertising copy for use by publication, broadcast or internet media
- Consult with sales, media and marketing representatives to obtain information on product or service and discuss style and length of advertising copy
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary, and submit copy for approval
- Assist in the development and implementation of program-specific marketing plans
- Assist with design and maintenance of marketing programs using all relevant areas of social networking (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) and other new and emerging technologies
- Conduct research and interviews to determine which features of the Society should be promoted
- Write and edit written communications to our current client base
- Assist with market analysis
- Manage and review graphic design projects
- Very limited travel
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing
Salary: Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package with 401(k)
- Proven and documented success with metrics
- Minimum of 5 years of copywriting experience
- A solid eye for visual design
- Experience working with designers and video producers creating strong print, web, and video marketing pieces
- Experience with all aspects of marketing including online and print advertising, marketing collateral and literature, special events and implementation of marketing campaigns.
- Highly organized
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skill
- High quantity data management experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly
- High attention to detail
Indeed - 18 months ago
The Society is a community of leaders dedicated to creating lasting positive change. The Society is recognized as a worldwide organization...