ThoughtWorks is looking for a Marketing Manager to support aggressive growth in the West Market of North America. In this role, you'll create and execute the marketing strategy to support ThoughtWorks’ brand development and lead generation for the West.
The role will have two focus areas: the real world (events, community involvement, and conferences) and the online world (forums, groups, and social media). An ideal candidate is one who already has a connection to the technical community and brings an enthusiastic marketing mindset that can reach our target market in unique and creative ways.
ThoughtWorks is a software consultancy creating innovative solutions for its clientele. We're a 20 year old company and growing very fast globally. We're not your average company, so we don't hire average people.
ThoughtWorks is driven by three guiding pillars:
- Run a sustainable business
- Revolutionize IT; champion software excellence
- Advocate passionately for social and economic justice
As Marketing Manager:
- Envision, coordinate and manage a marketing plan for the West that you help create.
- Ensure all the initiatives within the plan are run as part of an overarching campaign, not as isolated incidents.
- Event management is a strong attribute we are looking for in this role. You will be expected to drive them successfully.
- Content is an important asset for a professional services Company. Help create content (case studies, videos, points of view) working with the leaders in the West market.
- Be involved with other ThoughtWorkers in creating a community strategy across multiple channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, whatever else crops up).
- Messaging and Positioning: take the ‘big picture’ ThoughtWorks context, and incorporate into the West activities you plan
You will bring:
- Define success: bring the concept of measurement into our marketing strategy, so that we know what brings results; and what doesn’t
- Previous marketing experience. Ideally 4+ years
- Comfortable operating at a strategic level but also comfortable executing as part of a team.
- Enthusiasm and a “get it done” mentality
- Attention to detail, ability to run with many small, but important initiatives
- Project management and business analysis skills
- A focus on measurement, goal setting and delivery
- Readiness to learn from our demand and recruiting team; our delivery team and our marketing teams; as well as readiness to share the context
ThoughtWorks - 20 months ago
IT services firm ThoughtWorks provides systems integration and application development services for large and multi-national companies...