The role of Marketing in Towers Watson is two-fold: to support the company's growth and revenue goals and to protect and promote a consistent global brand. As trusted business advisors, the marketing group functions as an integrated global team providing comprehensive marketing support to all business segments and regions.
In this position, you will be a member of the East Division Marketing team located in Arlington, VA focusing on this office, as well as our offices in Baltimore and Richmond. The position focuses on delivering innovative programs and managing and measuring the effectiveness of all marketing tactics. Successful candidates must demonstrate business acumen, relevant experience with core marketing strategy and execution, excellent project management, communication and team skills.
o Introduce and reinforce awareness of TW services and capabilities
- Partner with office leadership to create and develop a successful marketing strategy for the market and prepare and deliver the marketing plan that identifies the ideal marketing mix and strategy to leverage national and local activities that will accomplish the following objectives:
o Generate sales lead opportunities from marketing initiatives
o Enhance and foster relationships with existing clients
- Create internal awareness of key marketing initiatives and programs and support follow-up
- Strategically place key local thought leaders in various speaking engagements such as local associations, university/educational and industry events
- Identify and target local press/media opportunities using local and national resources
- Build relationships across the business segments to effectively channel marketing objectives in local market
- Partner with marketing colleagues and internal business clients to define project objectives, and deliver projects on time and to required specifications.
- Build and maintain relationships with marketing colleagues and understand different roles and responsibilities within the marketing organization.
- Foster collaboration and coordination with marketing colleagues across the east division.
- Be a marketing thought leader and introduce innovative and effective ideas/delivery channels that are engaging to clients and prospects
- Communicate effectively with team members and internal clients to set expectations, advance projects, and troubleshoot issues
- Understand buyer roles and be adept at segmentation strategies and best practices to effectively target and deliver appropriate messaging
- Manage and adhere to local marketing budget
- Provide analysis and insights into marketing activities and related costs to determine their effectiveness and impact and provide performance benchmarking
- Implement and enforce TW workflow processes, while remaining flexible when business needs dictate.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Towers Watson are considered property of Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Towers Watson.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in a professional services and/or human resources consulting environment
- Experience with creating new marketing opportunities and a proven background of engaging clients with innovative and engaging methods that produced measurable results for positive ROI
- Strategic and tactical marketing experience, with specific emphasis on marketing planning, execution and experience with marketing technologies and online project management tools
- A keen interest in new media and technologies
- Detail-oriented, action-oriented and results-focused
- At ease with technology and online marketing support tools
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Outstanding written and verbal presentation skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to present issues and resolutions in a persuasive manner
- Availability and willingness to work outside normal business hours
- Bachelor's degree required, marketing, communications, public relations or business administration degrees preferred
- Travel 20%
Towers Watson is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Our unique perspective allows us to see the connections between talent, assets and ideas that can drive performance and growth. Powered by...