As a marketing manager, the individual will be able to design, develop, and implement marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. Candidate will also be able to develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of UChicago Impact goals and initiatives.
UChicago Impact is an education sector start-up affiliated with the University of Chicago. UChicago Impact builds and scales solutions to the challenges faced by school districts across the country. Our new team member would join a successful growing organization already improving schools in 20 states and 40 cities.
UChicago Impact offers a generous benefit (medical, dental, vision) packet, a flexible paid time off policy, and a 4% dollar-for-dollar 403b match.
- Lead marketing efforts for the company
- Lead product and service marketing and branding activities
- Develop and implement strategy for product positioning, organization marketing, and expansion
- Use evidence to formulate plans and strategies; Use metrics and written reports to update senior leadership on marketing progress and outcomes
- Formulate, direct, and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote services, while collaborating with other staff members
- Communicate how materials and other specific reports should be presented
- Lead development of all marketing materials against the brand proposition. Work with appropriate internal/external partners to deliver measurably superior collateral. Serve as primary liaison with creative agencies to accomplish work
- Assists in planning, developing presentations for, and hosting meetings and functions, including conferences and speaking engagements
- Perform detailed evaluation of business environment including customer needs, capabilities/assets, brand ambitions and competitive realities to identify unique market opportunities and threats
- Evaluate emerging technology. Provides thought, leadership, and perspective for adoption of these applications where appropriate for our business.
- Marshall resources across UChicago Impact and the University of Chicago to support/deliver on marketing efforts
- Build relationships with senior communications staff at the University of Chicago and the Urban Education Institute
- Bachelors degree required
- 5 years of experience in a marketing generalist position
- Extensive experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to display strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- Is a thinker and doer. Is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment where change is constant and the ability to step in and do what is necessary is required.
- Experienced generalist who is comfortable discussing strategic, creative, and analytical issues. Is adept at both left and right brain activities, as comfortable with a spreadsheet as with a power point presentation, and is able to analyze research as well as leading branding activities.