Why Join Us?
You’ve probably heard of ValueClick, and may know something about what we do. We’re a company about endless possibilities. With many of the strongest businesses in Media (ValueClick Media), CRM (Dotomi), Mobile (Greystripe), Affiliate (Commission Junction), and Technology (Mediaplex) ValueClick, Inc. transforms client businesses – and the industry – every day! The key to our success is a culture of empowerment that emphasizes responsibility, accountability, and a really awesome spirit of teamwork.
And that success has driven our tremendous growth. Every day we work with more than 400 blue chip companies including 3 of the top 4 cellular carriers, 7 of the top 10 car manufacturers, 8 out of 10 pharmaceutical companies, 70 of the top 100 retailers, and 97 of the top travel companies, to name just a few of the categories where we dominate in providing powerful marketing solutions that drive stronger results than ANY competitor! It takes superstars to work here, and if that’s what you are, there’s no better place to make your mark!
We live eat sleep and breathe data. How to use it to better meet customer needs. How to make it the lynchpin of programs that drive extraordinary growth for your clients. Everyone talks about data in our industry; what’s different about us is our focus on making data actionable.
The Marketing Manager, Retail Vertical is an integral part of the digital media marketing team, developing and managing powerful and compelling marketing programs to grow our business, especially with internet 500 retailers. S/he will partner with other members of the marketing team as well as sales, sales planning, product management, and account management to create, execute and measure more powerful marketing programs that drive new clients to engage with us as well as strengthen and deepen our existing client relationships.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Develop marketing plans and programs for the Retail Vertical
• Collaborate with Sr. Marketing Manager- Retail and sales to define objectives and goals
• Create strategies designed to deliver on objectives and goals
• Create a tactical plan and calendar based upon the defined Vertical strategies
• Define a measurement program to assess the effectiveness of marketing tactics and optimize for greater performance
Lead execution of all marketing programs and tactics for the Retail Vertical
• Create proactive outreach programs to build relationships with high value prospects
• Collaborate with Creative team to define a schedule of needs and the execution against that schedule
• Partner with Events Manager to develop and execute “own” events focused on the Retail Vertical
• Work with Marketing Operations Manager to define and implement SEM, Marketo and other CRM programs to drive qualified inquiries
• Team up with the Director of Prospect Engagement to market valuable Vertical insights for the Sales organization
Develop Vertically-focused marketing materials as necessary
• Partner with sales to strategically define the right mix of presentations and other collateral necessary for the Vertical
• Define and develop Vertical-specific Sales presentations
• Adapt or create sell sheet and product information focused on demonstrating value to the Agency Vertical
• Develop marketing material for new products that transcend Verticals
• Measure and report on marketing effectiveness and provide actionable recommendations for improved marketing effectiveness
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Passionate, committed, and results-oriented leader
• Ability to deliver sound marketing programs focused on delivering outstanding results
• Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams to drive greater marketing impact and results
• Strong knowledge of and passion for the digital media industry
Experience and Education
• B.S./B.A. in Marketing or related field
• 4-6 years of experience in industry related marketing role, retail experience strongly preferred
Conversant Media - 17 months ago