Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of bioMérieux's strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for 50 years, bioMérieux designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. bioMérieux's solutions (reagents, instruments, software, and services) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 41 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of the product life cycle over a 5-year timeframe but with particular focus on the short-term results (next 2 years). This is achieved through implementation of the Marketing Action Plan covering all relevant products incorporating all elements of the marketing mix (see below). This includes generation of the Market Action Plan, monitoring it’s implementation and ensuring corrective action takes place (together with sales management) if required as well as providing all necessary support the sales function as required by the Market Action Plan(s). This MAP must be discussed and agreed with Global Marketing (communication between these groups is paramount) and with input from biomerieux sales teams..
SERVICE AND SUPPORT
- Perform external market audits to develop the business case.
- Define product in terms of how it meets customer needs
- Launch of New Products (schedule development, coordination with project team and departments, initial field studies, launch forecasts, and sample & validation sample sets)
- Management of augmented product, education and service plan
- Set, communicate and monitor implementation of pricing strategy of all relevant products. This should cover list prices, discount pricing and contract pricing as well as freight and handling.
- Identify the total cost to the user as part of pricing decisions and enables the demonstration of the value to the customer.
- Managing pricing of “bundles” across product ranges.
- Clearly define the best channel of distribution to our customers.
- Develop Market Action Plan (MAPs) for relevant products while being mindful of the full product portfolio and of the principles of CVM.
- Utilization of all direct marketing techniques to create demand for the sales force focusing primarily on new/focus products in their designated target markets, but also where appropriate to provide education and added value to our existing customers.
- Monitoring and analysis of results (activity and sales)
- Monitor skill levels and propose remedial action for all individuals involved where necessary.
- Map out business processes.
- Budget development (sales and costs) and management.
The manager must possess a qualification in Biological or Chemical Sciences, Clinical Microbiology or a related background with >5 years experience in sales and/or marketing in a diagnostic company. A qualification in Business and/or Marketing is desirable. Good interpersonal, communication, sales and presentation skills along with successful demonstration of bioMerieux behavioral competencies; commitment, integrity/courage, rigor and empowerment are expected.
Biomerieux - 11 months ago
bioMérieux is a leading international diagnostics group that specialises in the field of in vitro diagnostics for clinical and...