The Marketing Operations Department located in Pleasanton, CA, has an opening for a Marketing Operations Analyst III
• BS degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, economics, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in data analysis.
• 1-3 years experience with Business Intelligence tools
• 2-3 years of store level merchandising experience a plus
• 3-5 years experience utilizing standard marketing organization concepts and procedures
• Strong knowledge of data systems and structure preferred. Extensive knowledge of Teradata, SQL, and SAS a plus.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point).
• Advanced ability to understand and create financial, analytical and/or statistical models
• Ability to prioritize and manage changing requirements and short timelines, as well as multiple overlapping projects simultaneously.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong business acumen. Ability to translate ideas into executable strategies that can be easily understood by the business.
• Ability to work with diverse, cross functional team.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex information so it is easily understood.
• Detail orientated with a high degree of initiative and results focus.
• Team oriented with excellent time management and organization skills
• Develop overall approach for data analysis based on business problem and facilitate execution.
• Serve as a thought partner for new initiatives.
• Extensive working knowledge of applicable merchandising software (Apollo, Pro Space, Spacemen, AVT, Galleria, etc)
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Director and Managers to develop analyses and processes to support Safeway's customer centric strategy, leveraging store specific space, location, and item information to drive powerful decisions
• Manages projects from analysis design to execution of results
o Has the insight/experience to identify opportunities to improve processes/methodologies/strategies
o Ability to suggest new analyses that could add to the overall effectiveness of the team
• Serve as a project leader and facilitate software and system enhancements for key projects designed to improve our offering to our customers.
• Takes initiative to improve quality of decision making within the team by restructuring analyses utilizing new techniques or other means.
o Recognizing situations where change is needed and addresses needs
o Ability to present findings persuasively to senior management
o Ability to pull together ideas/insights from a variety of sources to develop a plan of attack.
• Interact and communicate with internal business groups to ascertain scope for improving performance evaluation, strategies and opportunity identification.
• Assist on ad hoc external consulting/analytical projects.
• Develop and provide meaningful reporting tools utilizing eMapping and schematic assortment data, providing visibility and ease of access to the business.
• Monitor our user support, resolve inquiries and/or assign tasks to team members according to need
• Ensure tools, templates, and key process documents are kept up to date and archived for reference
• Work on multiple, simultaneous projects to apply technical and system functionality background
• Facilitate and elicit customer, user, systems administration, operations and support requirements from stakeholders
• Mentor other staff members
• Oversee/ensure integrity of schematic process flow and schematic data integrity for assigned categories.
• Oversee all schematic update activities relative to new item speed to market, discontinued item sell through and all category resets.
• Analyze, interpret, and provide insights and conclusions relative to schematic development.
• Develop departmental efficiencies through the use of developing skill sets and identifying best practices for schematic development, production and maintenance.
• Develop and standardize processes to manage product assortment, maximizing sales and AGP in small stores. Provide analytical support on business development projects.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com
Safeway Corp. - 14 months ago
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...