The New York Times is searching for a talented and experienced Marketing Operations Manager to join our rapidly expanding Marketing Operations team. This individual will work within our marketing operations group, and work closely with our Home Delivery marketing team, Customer Insight Group, technology team, external vendors and other departments as necessary to manage the daily operations of our Home Delivery subscription marketing, focused on the web, email, direct mail and other channels. The Marketing Operations group is a central part of our Circulation department and all of our consumer direct marketing efforts to support New York Times circulation products. Marketing Operations managers is an encompassing role functioning as project managers, account managers, project consultants, and process analysts, with an eye towards operational excellence. Their mission is to provide 100% advocacy to their internal customers, the marketing managers that they support. They must possess a well-rounded understanding of direct marketing and technical concepts, and have the capacity to quickly learn what they do not know.
The successful candidate will pride themselves on managing cross-team communications and processes to deliver measurable and error-free campaigns and projects on time. S/he will build best-practice processes that strike a balance between flexibility and efficiency.
- Manage the execution, including meticulous QA, of marketing programs and campaigns. Work with Siebel Marketing to create codes and metadata for performance tracking and design segmentation for desired targeting. Work with IT as necessary to establish new targeting criteria.
- Provide operational consultation to internal customers; translate business strategy and requirements into operational requirements; map dependencies to other areas of the business, and when required, create specification documents for IT development and/or external vendors.
- Partner with marketing managers at campaign conceptualization to map and understand the full campaign lifecycle and requirements, including: milestones and timing, success criteria, reporting requirements, channels, segmentation, etc.
- Manage cross-functional communication and workflow between internal teams, partners and vendors to execute projects accurately and on-time.
- Continuously analyze the current processes and optimize accordingly to improve productivity.
- Cross-train and act as backup for other marketing operations managers on the team as needed.
- Strong project management skills with 3-5 yrs experience managing IT and/or marketing related projects
- Experience managing relationships with internal and external clients as an account or client services manager
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvement and excel in managing and executing in an operational environment
- Ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Must be a self-motivated thought-leader with a can-do attitude who can organize their work, innovate and problem-solve
- Experience with email, web, and mobile marketing; and email deployment processes are a strong plus
- Strong management and negotiating skills
- General knowledge of HTML, web page creation, web analytics and databases are required. Working knowledge of WebTrends, WebTrends Optimize, MS Access, Siebel Marketing, Business Objects, Oracle SQL is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2011 revenues of $2.3 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news, information and entertainment.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 21 months ago