The New York Times is searching for a talented and experienced Marketing Optimization and Reporting Manager to join our rapidly expanding Marketing Operations team. This role will focus on optimization of our digital subscription purchase funnel and AB tests in order to increase sales conversion.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for reporting of the purchase funnel in order to provide a deeper understanding of our ongoing purchase funnel performance and provide a context when analyzing our AB test results. S/he will produce regular reports of our AB tests and be responsible for the specifications that define how to setup our tests for optimal results. This position will work closely with the lead marketer to advise on optimal test designs in order to optimize our AB tests and purchase funnel performance. The Marketing Optimization and Reporting Manager must possess analytical, marketing, and business savvy.
- Design and regularly publish management-level dashboards and reports measuring KPIs, online behaviors, campaign performance, and testing results.
- Be authoritative voice on AB test design to yield desired result.
- Capture AB and multivariate testing requirements and specifications.
- Make recommendations for optimizing the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Support online testing as an ongoing discipline to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide thought leadership on best practices related to web analytics, AB and multivariate testing.
- Monitor performance of live experiments.
- Gather reporting requirements from client and provide recommendations for best measuring success.
- Develop and generate reports in WebTrends, WebTrends Optimize and Pentaho.
- 2 or more years of AB testing experience; digital media experience a plus.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative & analytical skills required.
- Expertise in web analytics, including WebTrends and WebTrends Optimize is required.
- Skilled in one or more of Pentaho or Business Objects BI platforms.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with marketers and AB testers.
- Ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated to excel with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The New York Times Company, a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com , BostonGlobe.com , Boston.com, and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
The New York Times Company - 15 months ago