Marketing Program Lead (Job Number: 011617) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for the marketing strategy and activation plans for Senior health care programs that support business growth and profit objectives, driving demand for Walgreens offerings through unique and competitive pharmacy healthcare positioning.
- Develops strategic marketing briefs and marketing campaigns to ensure the attainment of product/service business objectives, sales goals, customer retention goals and vendor agreements.
- Works collaboratively with corporate shared service teams and outside partners to develop marketing materials, secure approvals, communicate status and achieve production deadlines (for example: sales collateral, direct marketing and advertising, promotional programs, event strategies and online marketing programs).
- Performs ongoing audits of existing marketing material to ensure consistency of messaging, adherence to brand guidelines, compliance and product/service accuracy.
- Creates unique and differentiated product/service value propositions and crafts messaging tailored to various customer and channel segments.
- Recommends and executes programs to drive customer satisfaction, optimal patient interactions and loyalty. Acts as a customer expert and champion.
- Collaborates to develop measurement plans to pinpoint effectiveness of marketing strategies and tactics on sales, retention and satisfaction.
- Maintains current, strong knowledge of product/service capabilities, internal operations processes and competitive maneuvers.
- Defines product/service and customer research needs; analyzes results and determines actionable takeaways; and makes recommendations to business partners to enhance product/service offerings and/or enhance the customer experience.
- Manages product/service and campaign marketing budget, updates forecast, tracks actual expenses and obtains cost estimates.
- Coordinates and aligns department's plans, programs, and processes with internal and external partners (operations, vendors, eCommerce, communications, legal) that affect their areas, and encourages feedback from partners to increase productivity.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience in marketing OR a High School Diploma and at least 8 years of experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in member or direct-to-consumer marketing
- At least 3 years of experience working collaboratively with internal cross-functional and external vendor teams to develop strategies that meet business goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 2 years of experience using competitive and customer insights to develop marketing plans or campaigns.
- At least 2 years of experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources and timelines to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- At least 2 years of experience using marketing analytics and return on investment measures to refine programs.
- Experience in leading groups at different levels in a matrix organization.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: changing picture styles, customizing animation and/or setting automatic slide timings).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 5-10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- At least 5 years of experience in strategic marketing or product marketing preferably in health and wellness industry or Senior targeted products or services (including Managed Care, Pharmaceutical, and Hospital Systems.)
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...