Responsible for Delivering Projects and Programs with quality, to plan, and within budget.
Essential Responsibilities/Accountabilities :
• Plans, directs, and coordinates a matrixed team(s) activities to manage and implement interrelated projects from contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.
• Will act and serve as Product Manager, Program Manager, Test Lead and User Experience Lead within the Microsoft Framework Solutions Team Process Model,. Will also act and serve as Project Manager on non Microsoft Framework Solution projects.
• Responsible for managing project teams under the governance of the Microsoft Framework Solution Process Methodology the “lite version” and other project structures/models..
• Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project. Leads the project team(s) in determining customer requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
• Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include project costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, project resources, and project risk. Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of talent and additional resources to meet project needs and requirements.
• Ensure the effective development and utilization of material and human resources, including the implementation and compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs.
• Ensure that projects meet time, cost and quality parameters.
• Formulates contingency plans to address schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements. Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements and customer long-term strategic goals. Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
• Meets with management, sponsors, and project teams to review project scope/progress and resolve project issues.
• Coaches and counsels members of cross-functional teams to accomplish projects, meet established schedules, or resolve technical/operational issues.
• Invokes appropriate escalation.
• Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria. Develops, proposes, and negotiates project proposals, quotations, and add-ons to leadership and the customer. May be responsible for preparing incoming management for transition from implementation to operating stage. Maintains currency on emerging technologies and project management techniques.
• Ensures Business Sponsor vision and product is driven and achievable throughout the project cycle.
• Manages the customer’s expectations.
• Directs and manages the solution concept to ensure it meets the customer’s needs.
• Guides and manages the User performance needs and implications.
• Keeps abreast of latest advancements in systems tools, techniques and corporate protocols, such as testing tools and procedures to best meet the business requirements of the Corporation.
• Ensures that departmental practices comply with State and Federal laws. Promotes the Corporate Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs by identifying problem areas and establishing and meeting goals to eliminate the under utilization of females and minorities. Ensures career development among subordinates. Ensures the development and adherence to corporate, divisional and departmental policies, standards and procedures. Ensures the effective utilization of material resources by developing budgets and maintaining operational costs within corporate guidelines.
• Acts as Change Leader implementing changes that benefit Excellus Heath Plan.
• Directs subordinate staff and fosters positive attitudes among staff on quality and safety to ensure that delivered service meets agreed service levels. Monitors and evaluates quality of performance and product from all work within scope of responsibility. Briefs staff on their individual and team performance.
• Selects and applies appropriate tools to accurately estimate and plan the work of teams or project groups within agreed policies. Produces work plans according to required standards. Works with colleagues to produce/recommend/develop long-term plans.
• Fosters an environment of continuous improvement. Constantly exploring ways to increase efficiencies and productivity, reducing waste, and reducing costs.
• Matrix manages cross-functional suppliers: internal IT, outsource partners, contractors, third-party consultants, etc., in delivering solutions.
• Monitors and reports on the progress of the resolution of high impact problems according to established standards. Handles those exceptions that have been referred from below relating to schedules, working methods, resources, staff matters, or technical difficulties. Passes decisions clearly outside scope upward, including proposed solutions whenever appropriate.
• Maintains knowledge of health insurance industry and Excellus business, organizational policies, and organizational management structures and uses this knowledge to advise on and justify their current use. Advises on and justifies proposed business requirements, strategic plans, and tactical plans, affecting business sponsors vision or product delivery.
• Writes and speaks fluently on all aspects of work. Communicates effectively with users/customers, colleagues 2-3 levels up/down and across a range of disciplines, and all levels of management. Directly negotiates with and functions as a liaison between functional partners, users, and suppliers.
• Acts professionally at all times and encourages professional standards among staff.
Training and Development:
• Willingness to obtain and maintain PMI certification and follow departmental training strategies and protocols.
• Obtains continuing training in those management skills needed to accept further responsibility for activities within service delivery. Particular emphasis should be placed on quality tools, analytical/problem solving skills, planning skills, risk management, change control, financial management, and staff selection.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all aspects of Excellus wide Operations, that impacts the operational and developmental environments, particularly those aspects assisting productivity and service quality.
• Obtains broad management and business training in those skill areas needed to function effectively in the environment of senior management.
• Successfully completes trial experiences that involve those skills of higher competency required at the next level of advancement.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience. Expert knowledge of Excellus Operations and understanding of its operating teams and their functions. 3-5 years experience in Project Management.
• Level I – PMI Certification preferred
• Level II & III – PMI Certification required
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Demonstrated skills in implementing application and process solutions utilizing a structured SDLC & LSS.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and achieving project scope, costs, and planing.
• Demonstrated skills in forming and fostering high performance, cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of health insurance industry and Excellus business.
• Highly Effective communicator.
• Demonstrated skills in quality principles, especially root cause analysis and problem solving.
• Demonstrated experience with Quality principles and tools. Demonstrated business problem solving skills.
• Very strong analytical and business process development skills.
• Demonstrated competence in staff leadership and project leadership tasks.
• Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and negotiation.
• In-depth knowledge of management structures and reporting procedures.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 15 months ago