SmithBucklin's Corporate Marketing unit is seeking a full-time PR and marketing professional to join our team for 3 months. This individual will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of corporate marketing and public relations activities designed to raise awareness and acquire new client organizations. This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and contribute to the company's growth.
- 40 paid hours/week
- Competitive hourly pay
- 3-month commitment
- Provide writing, proofreading, research and marketing assistance for internal and external communications
- Assist with public relation programming; including media relations work
- Assist with content for the internal communications blog, SmithBucklin Insider and the intranet news headlines
- Conducting research to support marketing and sales, including the creation of briefing materials and summaries
- Assist in the maintenance and strategy of SmithBucklin's social media outposts (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- Performing other administrative duties as requested, including data entry, proposal binding, scheduling meetings, routing mail, shipping and filing
Who we are: SmithBucklin is a professional services company specializing in association management. We are the world's largest association management company, founded in 1949. The company provides full-service management and high-impact specialized services to trade associations, professional societies, technology user groups, corporations, government institutes/agencies and other nonprofit organizations. SmithBucklin's mission is to drive growth for its client organizations and provide uncompromised stewardship for their long-term prosperity. SmithBucklin offices are located in Chicago, IL, Washington, DC, Old Lyme, CT, Bethesda, MD, St. Louis, MO, Buffalo Grove, IL and St. Paul, MN. SmithBucklin is 100 percent employee-owned.
- Bachelor's degree required with a strong interest in gaining corporate marketing experience
- Self-starter and detail-oriented individual with strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Great team player
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects with deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with, or desire to learn, Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Acrobat Distiller and InDesign
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/D
Our people make a meaningful difference in a wide range of diverse industries and professions, helping our client organizations achieve...