HCC Specialty has a great opportunity for an Artisan Marketing Representative within our Marketing department at our office located in Sacramento, CA.
The Artisan Marketing Representative is accountable for growth and new business production goals within assigned/shared territory by locating, qualifying and registering new brokers and by developing and delivering broker-specific value solutions. Positions and creates demand for product and services through effective marketing programs, highly responsive customer service, results analysis, engagement and retention plans enabling the Artisan division to reach its financial targets. Participates as a partner of a highly-effective business development team in support of and in partnership with underwriting, customer service and organizational leaders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with VP of Artisan Programs to create strategies toward achieving sales objectives and territory management.
- Develops and maintains an agency/broker plan capable of producing profitable premium volume sufficient to meet annual assigned territory goals. Through the use of agency/broker analysis, evaluates agencies and initiates action plans, identifying and capitalizing upon product opportunities and improving results within the assigned territory.
- Achieves new agent/broker registrations, Written Premium, Loss Ratio and retention results for specific territory.
- Continually monitors and reports competitor activities along with suggestions to improve company’s product and enhance the company’s competitive position in the marketplace.
- Assists agency/broker personnel in implementing company-marketing programs and initiatives to increase productivity and improve bottom line results.
- Develops and maintains a team relationship with other company personnel, including Underwriting.
- Provides reports to VP of Artisan Programs, as directed.
- Utilizes sales tools like salesforce.com to develop tactical sales and communication plans and manages assigned territory, in order to generate expected results.
- Develops and maintains excellent rapport and relationships with agency staff and internal contacts through virtual means such as telephone and e-mail as well as periodic agency visits.
- Monitors assigned agency/broker results, establishes proactive outbound call plan and responds to inbound inquiries from brokers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent education and/or experience may be acceptable.
- Studies toward attaining a Construction Risk and insurance Specialist (CRIS), and other relevant insurance designations are a plus.
- Minimum of two years of experience in insurance or 3+ years of direct work experience in an external sales/marketing capacity.
HCC Specialty underwrites a unique portfolio of specialty and niche products. These include: disability insurance for professional athletes and entertainers, kidnap & ransom, event cancellation for major sporting and entertainment events, earthquake insurance, special event liability, weather insurance, prize indemnity insurance, product recall insurance, primary and excess casualty insurance, various professional liability classes (including but not limited to employment practice liability and architects & engineers), various niche programs including public risk and lumber and wood products.
- Possess and have ability to apply basic knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong Internet research skills
HCC Specialty offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hccspecialty.com and www.hcc.com for more information about our companies.
Monster - 11 months ago