This position executes and delivers primary market research projects and marketing analytics consistent with Market Research initiatives in support of EDMC education systems and stakeholders. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Key responsibility is to execute all phases of primary research projects—both qualitative and quantitative—including RFP’s, sampling, data preparation, survey development and programming, fieldwork monitoring, data analyses, and reporting.
- Key responsibility is to execute and deliver primary research projects among key stakeholders—prospects, students, and employees—to understand messaging, branding, media consumption, trends, satisfaction and commitment.
- Perform various statistical analyses for primary market research projects, e.g., key driver analysis, regression, correlations.
- Code open-ended responses and manage qualitative research projects
- Collaborate with marketing colleagues to leverage research data and learnings in marketing initiatives.
- Manage relationships with external suppliers.
Manager, Market Research
External suppliers on related projects
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, social sciences, mathematics or statistics required.
- Minimum 5 years experience required
- Knowledge of post-secondary education preferred.
- Outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills and abilities for solving business challenges with market research and analytics.
- Expertise with all phases of primary research, both qualitative (e.g., open-ended coding, focus groups, interviews) and quantitative (e.g., sampling, survey development, fieldwork management, data analysis), preferably in a business environment.
- Advanced research and analysis software skills in survey programming tools, SPSS/SAS, data management and tabulation software, text analysis software, advanced Access, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, presentation skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to quality results.
- Effective teamwork with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines.
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
The Art Institute of York- Pennsylvania - 14 months ago