Job Id: 171785
Nearest Major Market: AL - Birmingham
At Motion Industries, our Marketing Research Analyst is a critical resource for the Company's strategic planning effort. Primarily focused on providing research and economic reports on market and business trends, this position supports company sales efforts including target programs.
- College graduate with focus in Economics, Marketing, Market Research, Finance or Statistics
- Knowledge of economic trends and economic world strategies
- High proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Familiar with Microsoft Access
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; excellent research capabilities and data assimilation
- Ability to interact with primary and secondary data sources
- Ability to read and assimilate data as well as reproduce in summary report with graphs and charts
- Adept at distilling data information for management use
- Research and development with data and reports on marketing and business trends for market development (i.e. specific industries)
- Follow and report industry innovations and competitor activity
- Produce Sales reports for both Executive Management and Field Sales Management
- Produce Economic Reports, monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Manage D& B prospect and customer database maintenance
- Support sales marketing promotions with leads
- Conduct high-level research projects including competitive analysis
- Interface with associations and economic data sources to provide economic trend data as needed
Motion Industries (a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company) serves the industrial marketplace with MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operation) replacement parts and services through a network of 500 locations across North America, Canada and Mexico. Customers have access to over 4.1 million parts from Motion's extensive line of authorized brands in Bearings, Mechanical Power Transmission, Electrical and Industrial Automation, Hydraulic and Industrial Hose, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Components, Industrial Supplies, and Material Handling.
Beyond parts, Motion Industries provides hands-on-services that are critical to the smooth operation of our customers' facilities. We are at the forefront of e-business and technology in our industry and we have our own training institute.
As an industry leader, Motion focuses on customer needs, empowers its employees, and invests in inventory and process efficiencies that benefit its customers. Our people, products and processes make Motion Industries one of the most valued industrial distributors around.
Motion Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H.
Genuine Parts Company - 2 years ago
Power transmission products may not be on anyone's Christmas list, but Santa's workshop couldn't groove without the parts...