Founded in 1949, Grand Canyon University is one of Arizona’s leading higher learning institutions. Based in Phoenix, the regionally accredited, private, non-denominational Christian university offers online and campus-based bachelors, masters and doctoral degree programs through the College of Doctoral Studies, Ken Blanchard College of Business, College of Education, College of Nursing and Health Care Professions, College of Theology, College of Arts and Sciences, and College of Fine Arts and Production.
Grand Canyon University’s Marketing department is seeking a full time Marketing Analyst. This position will provide research and knowledge to assist and support the University’s leaders in making critical business decisions regarding programs, degrees and courses of study.
Education and Experience:
- Provide value-added insights and suggestions to current and future educational programs/opportunities.
- Establish and utilize sound research methods for data gathering and trend analysis e.g., environmental scanning techniques for the higher education market.
- Evaluate the development and viability of the University’s programs relating to market trends and needs.
- Work with the many Colleges on campus to complete Market Analysis Requests. Must be able to navigate the www to locate information on state and national job outlook, income and education statistics, competitive research. Must work with Marketing to identify possible marketing activities to support new programs
- Collect, analyze and report broader data related to environmental factors, best practices and emerging trends that may signal change or have implications for the University’s enrollment efforts including technological innovations which may impact or support higher education.
- Complete tuition comparison data sheets as requested by Department of Finance and Budgeting
- Fulfill various competitive research requests from operational divisions.
- Support Enrollment Operations in completing the quarterly UDR Competitive Analysis Survey and other assigned research.
- Create and maintain the Competitive Data Warehouse allowing various persons in the University access to competitive research.
- Maintain the market research portion of the “Program Priority Document” including job growth rate, number of jobs, and lead projections (including paid search analytics).
- Aggregate competitive articles via Meltwater / Google and distributes to executive management.
- Review competitive earnings transcripts and provide overview to executive management.
- Reach out to competitive universities by phone, email, website to locate specific data and presenting information to executive management.
- Assemble competitive information in various formats, views, and presentation styles.
- Assist marketing department in completion of ongoing business analysis and SWOT analysis to maximize internal decision making.
- Constantly monitor competitor programs and behavior for trends.
- Conduct primary market research using both qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of relevant experience
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations not required, but a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, knowledgeable about databases and SQL, prior knowledge of Business Objects and Web Intelligence a plus.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate at various management levels.
- Must be able to analyze data, write reports, survey or collect data.
- Ability to think analytically and translate business requirements into reports. Must be able to understand large amounts of data and information.
Grand Canyon University’s exceptional workplace benefits include medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401K savings plan, Education Tuition Program of up to 100% of tuition costs and a generous holiday and paid time off package. For more information on our benefit programs, please click here .
Grand Canyon University - 2 years ago
Since 1949, Grand Canyon University has been helping students find their purpose and achieve their potential by preparing them to pursue...