Purpose & Scope: The Project Manager is responsible for assisting Project Directors and senior management in the everyday tasks required to conduct marketing research projects in a thoughtful and comprehensive manner to meet client objectives and provide clients with strategic insights and actionable recommendations.
Candidates for this position must be self-starters, not requiring daily micro-management. Given that we are a small and growing firm, there are opportunities to expand, evolve and change responsibilities over time.
Responsibilities: While some responsibilities may vary over time, the Project Manager is typically responsible for the following items.
• Work with project directors to fine-tune project scope of work and objectives, working with clients to best understand and address research needs
• Assist in designing questionnaires based on study objectives, including using creativity to ensure efficient data collection and ease of understanding for respondents
• Coordinate project fielding with external agencies, including call centers and focus group facilities
• Manage sample for online and telephone surveys
• Work with programmers to develop and analyze appropriate tabulation plans of survey data in SPSS or similar
• Assist in developing rich, action-based reports – in both Microsoft PowerPoint and Word – that effectively communicate the findings and recommendations based on those findings. Ability to create Microsoft PowerPoint charts quickly and accurately is essential.
• Assist in day-to-day tasks, such as preparing mailings and proof-reading questionnaires and reports
• Test on-line surveys to verify programming is accurate and complete
• Occasionally help program surveys and code open-end responses
• Foster a sense of teamwork and cooperation with the rest of the SIR team
• Interact with clients on an ongoing basis and make presentations to client teams
Job Requirements: JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Training: Four year degree—preferably in research, marketing, business, statistics, or a social science—and a minimum of three years’ experience as a Marketing Research Analyst or Project Manager. Direct experience with both quantitative and qualitative research is preferred.
The Project Manager should be proficient in SPSS and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Progress towards advancement: It’s expected of all Project Managers that they become proficient at their jobs as detailed in this job description and move towards a higher level of responsibility and contribution to the firm, which ultimately leads to the Project Director Position.
This position is based in Richmond, VA.
Additional Comments: About SIR:
The Southeastern Institute of Research (SIR) was founded 43 years ago on one simple but powerful idea – marketing research has to be actionable! It must generate information and insight that leads to action and, ultimately, results. It has to stay off the shelf and on the desk as a useful tool. Simply put – we believe in research that works!
This perspective has guided the over 13,000 marketing research studies we have conducted since 1969, making us one of the oldest and most experienced marketing research firms in the country. Our experience comes from helping clients like AARP, AT&T, Goodyear, GE, National Kidney Foundation, Polaroid, Rubbermaid, Owens & Minor, PayPal, American Chemical Society, Liberty Mutual and Media General – plus many smaller, niche companies and entrepreneurs whose names are not widely known.
Today, we help corporations, organizations, and associations formulate unique brand positions, identify and seize opportunities, manage competitive threats, test new products and services, launch new initiatives, and track the overall effectiveness of marketing programs. Along the way, we have learned that the real key to actionable research isn't in running surveys or crunching numbers, it's in figuring out how people think, feel, and act. It is deconstructing and then reconstructing behavior, motivations, and desires.
SIR is also the home of the Boomer Project – America’s leading authority for information and insight about today's Boomer Consumer and the fast-growing 50+ market.
SIR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Quirk's - 17 months ago
"Stated simply, SIR is the best consulting firm that I have had the pleasure to work with. SIR was thorough in their work, produced...