Marketing Segment Manager—Core
The Marketing Segment Manager is dedicated to achieving bookings goals for the core segment by formulating and executing integrated marketing plans to drive demand. He/she defines and executes the marketing strategy for the core segment including developing marketing plans, forecasting results, managing the budget, vendor selection, execution of multiple campaigns and activities, and measuring results.
The Marketing Segment Manager has proven success driving integrated marketing campaigns that generate leads and ultimately build meaningful pipeline for a highly successful software sales team.
Reporting to the Director of Demand Generation, you have ultimate responsibility for measuring and reporting metrics for all marketing activities within your segment. The role has broad-ranging responsibilities beyond campaign execution, so you also must possess strong communication skills, an ability to manage multiple priorities, develop new marketing programs with a careful eye on the budget and goals, and the flexibility to thrive in dynamic environment and juggle multiple projects including:
- Lead demand generation planning efforts for the core segment, including helping to form overall strategy, producing new and nurtured lead generation goals and forecasts, managing the budget, and measuring overall results against plans.
- Plan and execute marketing programs and activities to achieve marketing qualified lead and pipeline targets. Programs include email campaigns, webinars, tradeshows, digital display advertising and marketing with 3rd party publications.
- Collaborate with content marketing and creative to develop and optimize marketing program copy including email copy, web landing pages, and other program-related collateral that drive conversions.
- Initiate and manage lead nurturing programs to accelerate prospect movement through the demand generation funnel.
- Interface actively with the company’s Inside Sales team members and Inside Sales management to ensure efficient program execution and tracking of results.
- Support partner marketing activities
- Experiment with new marketing channels in search of ways to scale our lead gen efforts.
- Work closely with Marketing and Sales Operations and Sales to ensure generated leads are high quality and being acted on appropriately.
- Dive into metrics and test all sorts of variations to continuously optimize campaigns, improving their effectiveness.
- Analyze performance against acquisition and conversion goals, determine why programs failed or were successful, and continually make and implement recommendations for optimization.
- Track and report on campaign costs, performance, and ROI so as to understand channel and offer performance.
- Monitor performance and ROI of programs using Salesforce. com or marketing automation tool, and communicate performance of all programs including leads, new opportunities generated, sales pipeline, and bookings resulting from programs against goals.
The Marketing Segment Manager’s goals are aligned with the sales goals for the core market segment and achievement of KPI’s are determined by ability to drive a marketing strategy that enables the sales force to achieve or surpass their bookings goals.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience at a B2B technology company managing marketing campaigns from concept through completion that drive leads.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- Previous experience collaborating with a highly driven sales team as demonstrated through solid understanding of sales pipelines and enterprise software sales cycles.
- Solid background in direct marketing and lead generation across multiple channels.
- Proven success combining creative thinking skills with the ability to create accurate forecasts and implement programs on time, within budget, and in support of strategic goals and objectives.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate resources across sales and marketing functions and build rapport with sales team and other professional staff.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to successfully develop relationships, lead initiatives, and achieve consensus with peers, sales professionals, vendors and management.
- Strong analytic skills including a foundation for executing data-driven closed loop marketing campaigns with demonstrable ROI. Experience and successful track record executing and reporting on multiple marketing programs, including email marketing and nurturing campaigns, webinars, display marketing, 3 rd party publications, partners and tradeshows.
- Hands-on experience with salesforce. com and marketing automation software.
PayScale (www.PayScale.com) is a market leader in online compensation and benefit data for employers and individuals. With the world's...