The Marketing Senior Manager, Latin America is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and implementing programs that build HTC’s company’s brand awareness, advertising strategy, market share and brand preference through all distribution channels in the region. As a direct report to the VP Latin American region, this role will serve as the brand champion and ensure that brand goals are met and brand standards are developed and adhered to across all customer touch points. In doing so, the Marketing Senior Manager, Latin America will align and integrate cross-channel efforts for one consistent brand voice and message into the market throughout LATAM region. The Marketing Senior Manager, Latin America will also cultivate long-term relationships with key channel executives and decision makers, and manage the execution of a relationship matrix to leverage revenue streams within the relevant and key mobile sales channels with carriers and retailers in the region.
This role will build winning strategies for the positioning of mobile devices and solutions with the ability to leverage a deep knowledge of market trends, competitive initiatives and emerging technologies. You will provide marketing management and strong strategic execution across a variety of functions, both internal and external. With a strong focus on product, channel and promotional marketing, and proactive partnership, this position contributes directly to the financial success of the company.
The Sr. Manager, Marketing - Latin America will work very closely with our senior executive team on managing our corporate leadership planning and executing communications while driving our global non-product communication strategy. This role will work closely with the regional and global PR teams, marketing and our executives, coordinating messaging with external partners while driving HTC’s story.
Job responsibilities :
The successful candidate will have:
- Brand Stewardship – Serve as a passionate steward for growing the HTC brand equity with an eye on creating a meaningful value proposition focusing on consumer habits. Champion a well-defined strategic positioning and architecture, derived from an understanding of current and potential consumer, carrier strategies as well as a keen understanding of an ever-changing competitive, technological and customer environment.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning – Partner with the VP Latin America to architect and continually update and optimize an integrated marketing strategy. Utilize market data, consumer research and insights, and competitive intelligence to identify new opportunities and needs in the market to support the expansion, customization, and optimization of existing products / services, and customer segmentation initiatives that will drive customer acquisition and new revenue streams for the company.
- Communications, Promotions, Creative development – Develop the brand’s annual Advertising and Communication strategies, evaluate and help to develop / coordinate all brand creative, and lead the execution of these plans (ensuring consistency and the right look, feel and tone) across the full mix of Traditional and New Media. Lead and collaborate with all internal and Agency resources to ensure that critical customer touch points (e.g., DRTV, retail, print media, radio, web / e-mail, social, mobile, PR, customer service, etc.) are supportive of, and consistent with, the HTC brand, integrated effectively, executed efficiently and focused on driving measureable business results.
- Innovation Leadership – Continually uncover and identify new marketplace and consumer trends, thereby enabling HTC to set the pace in building out the smartphone category. This understanding should be leveraged to define new product / technology opportunities worth exploring further via strategy / business case development and measurable, projectable in-market testing.
- Functional Leadership & Development – Build and shape a highly-effective, world-class marketing organization by hiring, training, motivating and setting leadership direction for all direct reports. Work closely and collaboratively with HTC global marketing teams. Continue to nurture a collaborative and customer-oriented Marketing community, cross-functionally, within HTC. Review and enhance, where necessary, all marketing processes, measurements, information systems, etc., that are needed to enable the overall marketing function to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Agency Management - Provide direction to lead and/or local creative agency for campaign refreshes, adaptations and optimizations.
- Channel Management - Lead and develop overall mobile device channel strategy and plans to drive focus and resource prioritization to maximize ROI.
- Develop all strategic marketing programs involving Big Box retailers, Carrier Distribution and Enterprise Solutions.
- Create key strategies for life-cycle pricing, channel marketing programs & promotions.
- Be creative and resourceful in developing and executing impactful strategic channel marketing programs.
- Identify, direct, cultivate, and manage new opportunities within mobile sales and mobile partnership channels.
- Develop and clearly articulate the marketing vision, then lead marketing channel team to execute with impact and on-strategy.
- Lead and manage channel marketing managers to direct marketing managers to maximize exposure for brand and products, ensuring product positioning is clearly and consistently messaged.
- Track results and perform ROI analysis on marketing initiatives to ensure programs are effective and lessons learned are captured.
- Work cross-functionally with all other internal counterparts responsible for bringing client products to market.
- Continually monitor and evaluate the competitive marketplace making adjustments to marketing strategy as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 8-15 years of proven marketing experience in Latin America. Must have experience in relationship building and establishing partner relationships with mobile device sales channels in Latin America to include carriers and retail distributors, brand management and corporate communications.
- 8-15 years of proven experience in building and supervising teams and managing culturally diverse workforce, covering a wide variety of marketing functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with major in Marketing, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Spanish, Portuguese preferred.
- Brand Management –Demonstrated experience in Positioning, Advertising planning and Creative evaluation, Segmentation, Insights / Research, Communication Strategy and New Products / Innovation.
- New Media – Significant online and offline experience, optimally in a web / CSR environment, across multiple channels, with a Marketing mix that includes a variety of communication vehicles. Relevant industries include E-Commerce, Wireless / Telco, Retail, Financial Services, Media, Publishing, and Technology.
- Entrepreneurial Experience & Functional Development – Demonstrated success building functional Marketing capabilities through process design, organizational development, recruiting and training. Additionally, proven success delivering results with limited resources - people, money and time is essential.
- Channel Marketing - Deep understanding of mobile device channel marketing with experience creating and implementing marketing strategies.
- World-class Brand Marketing skills (technically proficient).
- Innovative and creative thinking (fresh, imaginative thinking).
- Organizational leadership and team development (leads through influence).
- Intellectual horsepower (highly analytical & strategic).
- Drives for results in a prioritized manner (balanced sense of urgency).
- Listening skills, minimal ego (listen first, then respond).
- Complex problem-solving (explores all options, then converges).
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution).
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time).
- Collaborative (works with peers across many functions within the company).
- Proven business acumen, influencing and negotiation skills with third parties.
- Able to function effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, managing several different initiatives simultaneously with managers in off-site offices.
- Strategic and big picture visionary to successfully position within mobile device sales channels.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor channel management team with a cohesive and unified brand strategy and business plan.
HTC Corporation, formerly High Tech Computer Corp., is principally engaged in the research, development and manufacture of touch phones,...