People want to be treated like individuals. At Cigna, we get that. That’s why we embrace and encourage peoples’ uniqueness, helping to give them the strength and confidence to show the world who they really are. The coverage, expertise and services we provide are at the very core of how we help people achieve their full potential – and ultimately, improve their health, well-being and sense of security.
But before we can accomplish any of that, we have to have the right people in place. People like you.
Skills, experience, talent and creativity like yours enables us to develop the meaningful, innovative solutions our customers value and expect. That’s why we’re committed to recruiting, motivating and nurturing the best and the brightest, whether you have industry experience or not. We’re growing a workforce as unique and diverse as the millions of customers we proudly serve around the world – one individual at a time.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the execution and management of the marketing communications plan supporting the business and marketing objectives for Cigna's Wellness and Lifestyle Management Support products. This position is on the Account Management team within Cigna's internal agency (Cigna Creative Communications) and works in close partnership with the Product Development department as well as various specialty marketing groups within Cigna (e.g., Segment Marketing Communications, Creative Services, Brand Management, Research, Public Relations, Digital/Social Media, and Events & Sponsorships) to ensure timely and flawless delivery of the plan. This position provides impact by understanding the Product and Segment Marketing objectives and recommending new, creative and differentiating marketing communications tactics, by recognizing opportunities to increase the consistency of messaging to employers, producers and customers, and by providing synergistic opportunities to save costs. This position also may support others on the Account Management team including the MarComm leads.
Collaborates with other marketing leads to deliver specified messaging, identifying opportunities to enhance messaging and/or issues to resolve with product owners
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and effective development and execution of the marketing communications plan(s), working with product development, the specialty marketing teams, and/or with outside marketing partners
- Responsible for formulating strategies and tactics that convey the most effective market messaging to target audiences and position the company, its programs and services for high visibility with prospective clients, existing clients, producers and the individual customer.
Ideal candidates will offer:
- Develops creative briefs and partners with Creative Services including obtaining production schedules and budget estimates and working with copywriters, designers, illustrators and creative vendors
- Secures final sign-off from subject-matter experts, project owners and legal/compliance team
- Ensures plan execution stays within designated budget
- Through collaboration with internal stakeholders, is responsible for ongoing project updates to management and internal clients
- Identifies critical opportunities to communicate to internal audiences and provides editing/review support to ensure consistency of messaging.
CIGNA offers a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, 401k plan, and work/life balance programs, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent field or work experience (agency experience a plus)
- Minimum of 3 years of client-focused experience in marketing or similar field
- Experience analyzing market needs, developing and successfully implementing new business programs and strategies that help achieve business objectives (B2B and B2C)
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment
- Organized and skilled in project management. Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Solid creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to generate ideas that effectively leverage limited marketing funds and identify synergistic opportunities
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives, gain support/ buy-in, and manage conflict
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of basic web design principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications as well as social networking resources
We encourage you to complete all questions on the candidate profile if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.
CIGNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CIGNA - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...