About CoGo: Bike sharing is a sustainable, healthy and innovative community-based transportation program providing ideal short distance, point-to-point, and simple-to-use bikes for use around the city. With established systems in Washington, DC, Boston, MA, Melbourne, Australia and New York City, Alta Bicycle Share will be introducing this community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility to Columbus in summer 2013.
The program allows for users to access bikes at multiple self-serve locations and return the bike to any other available station in the system. As a company our responsibilities include: marketing and membership sales, station and bike repair and maintenance, station redeployment and reporting on system and operational performance.
We are currently seeking a hands-on, highly organized and motivated Marketing Specialist to be responsible for all marketing and sponsorship activities for CoGo Bike Share.
Position Overview: The Marketing Specialist will be part of a ground-breaking team that focuses on developing and expanding the concept of transit for Columbus locals and visitors. The unique challenge will be to explore unconventional ways to build strong relationships within Columbus and Central Ohio, including cycling and political circles, to grow public awareness and acceptance of bike sharing. This position reports to the Project Director.
The workplace will be dynamic, and there is an expectation of willingness to cross-train with the Technical Services department as operational success is premised on departmental cooperation. This individual must be a self-starter and independent thinker with excellent problem solving abilities and able to easily work with both management and clients.
Key Aspects of Position:
- Lead marketing aspects of CoGo Bike Share to culminate in a launch event with city and regional officials.
- Develop and maintain marketing and sponsorship plans with management and clients.
- Work with City of Columbus officials to ensure consistent program branding.
- Coordinate review process of system aesthetics, including kiosk decals, bicycle stickering, marketing materials for membership packets and public events, and website/social media presence.
- Post-launch marketing and sponsorship tasks to include:
- Maintain strong relationships among program stakeholders including members, CoGo Bike Share sponsors, ABS clients, and institutional organizations such as MORPC, COTA, Columbus Crossroads, etc.
- Manage and build marketing plan to grow membership including media, PR, digital/social media, public events/fora and corporate sales.
- Plan, execute and analyze success of promotions, marketing events, partnerships and sales programs to grow memberships and increase visibility of CoGo Bike Share in Columbus and across Central Ohio.
- Attend promotional events, marketing meetings, and sales meetings on an as needed basis.
- Work with CoGo Bike Share staff to advance volunteer and event efforts.
- Work with CoGo Bike Share staff to advance social media efforts.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure strong community engagement and positive bicycle safety messaging.
- Work with Project Director to enhance sponsorship packets and corporate membership packets.
- Plan and coordinate quarterly meetings with marketing stakeholder group.
Alta - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard