Marketing Specialist - 06759 |
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. , one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc (GBS) consistently stands out in a competitive marketplace as an employer of knowledgeable, highly skilled and competitive talent. We are a company that touches businesses and their employees on a personal level. At the core, our job is to help protect the health and well-being of employees and their families and provide for their financial security – all while allowing employers to attract and retain the people they need to grow and succeed. As you consider the value of working for Gallagher Benefit Services, remember your talent, winning attitude and strong performance will be highly valued and will maximize your future potential.
Position Summary :
The Marketing Communication Specialist works directly with the Marketing Director to help our team increase our brand exposure with marketing programs to acquire new customers. This person will be responsible for coordinating communications projects and ongoing customer communications. Written communication may include newsletters, email content, web/social media, etc., for key audiences. Other assignments, as needed, include collateral development and updates, coordination of events, and digital marketing initiatives.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will bring enthusiasm and creative ideas for B2B marketing communications, while supporting branding initiatives and recommending strategies to enhance the company’s image. Strong organizational and project management skills, coupled with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are required.
This position will afford the opportunity to collaborate across the divisional Marketing team, practice area leaders, niche leaders, and other subject matter experts.
- Develop and manage communications calendar and publishing schedule
- Manage distribution/publishing of content across multiple channels – email, website, blog, social media etc.
- Integrate key messaging and position through all collateral materials
- Work with Digital Marketing Coordinator to manage online/interactive initiatives and website updates
- Write and edit copy for marketing communications deliverables including email and web content, press releases, white papers/case studies, newsletters, brochures, and other materials as needed
- Coordinate the approval process for project deliverables
- Contribute to planning and attending appropriate tradeshows
- Ensure accuracy, quality, and consistency of corporate standards for all marketing communications materials
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications
- Proficiency in Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010
- Excellent, customer-centric oral and written communication skills, with an emphasis on grammar, copywriting, and proofreading
- Excellent writing skills, both technical and narrative
- Creative mind with a strong design aesthetic
- Experience executing marketing projects that resulted in increased brand visibility and sales leads
- Experience gathering details on market dynamics, client needs and technology, and leveraging this knowledge to create compelling content that highlights the value of a product or service offering
- Equally strong communication skills interfacing with subject matter experts to produce articles and white papers
- Expertise with design/desktop publishing software, e.g. Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Employee benefits industry experience strongly preferred
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Impeccable eye for detail, strong organization skills, and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic; able to operate independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and interact smoothly and effectively across multiple marketing channels in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to handle pressure, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and accurately, to meet tight deadlines
- Analytical and creative thinker with excellent time management and problem solving skills
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co
- 2 years ago - save job