We currently have the following position available:
The Local Marketing Coordinator is responsible for understanding new and existing store market locations to identify, coordinate and implement individualized marketing efforts, while successfully managing, coordinating and executing Grand Opening and ongoing local marketing opportunities that drive store sales and increase brand awareness.
- Proactively identify and coordinate local marketing opportunities to generate store traffic, drive sales and increase brand awareness. Establish guidelines and processes to evaluate and measure the success of store-initiated local marketing requests and implement such processes accordingly.
- Be the field’s main marketing point of contact, communicating with and disseminating information to them, for all local marketing/promotional opportunities, including, but not limited to new store Grand Openings and other related local marketing opportunities.
- Coordinate and be the keeper of all marketing elements associated with Grand Openings, while building and maintaining relationships with mall/strip marketing contacts for all store locations, to identify, coordinate and execute local marketing opportunities that drive store traffic. In so doing, liaise with local store managers/executives.
- Identify and evaluate select corporate programs which could be tailored for select/chain-wide store implementation (Spanish-language/Cultural, Tourism, Military, Senior Citizen, etc.).
- Develop a menu of tools that could be deployed to combat high-impact competitive intrusions. Such tools would be part of a sustained campaign effort targeted to pre, during and post incursion period
Scope and Impact:
This role will be the primary liaison between the stores and the marketing team in identifying, developing, coordinating executing and measuring effectiveness of local marketing opportunities in an effort to increase brand awareness and drive store traffic.
• College degree or equivalent work experience required.
• 1-5 years experience working within a brand/retail marketing department and possesses strong organization, communications and relationship building skills
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and prioritize projects successfully to meet deadlines
• Must have exceptional writing and communication skills
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Effectively resolves challenges and/or roadblocks, is solution oriented and knows when to escalate
• Works well under tight deadlines in a fast pace retail work environment and able to respond quickly to ad hoc requests and changes
• Team player
• Positive, upbeat, can-do, professional and responsible attitude, independent and self-directed, yet also team-oriented
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
• Must be willing to travel
Our ideal candidates will be self motivated, team players, who have the desire to succeed. We care about our employees, have a supportive environment that values trust and respect, offer a competitive wage and benefits package that includes a generous paid time off plan, plus an associate discount, and a company matched 401(k) to name a few.
Burlington Coat Factory is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
Burlington Stores is more than just coats, and when you join our family you enjoy more than just a great job.