The Marketing Communications Specialist will support the Marketing Department in planning and executing national, regional and local marketing campaigns utilizing a variety of tools and techniques; will coordinate customer communications and promotions; will coordinate mailing and special promotions and perform other marketing duties as required.
· Develop and execute creative marketing strategies as directed by the product marketing team (i.e. direct marketing, tradeshow marketing, advertising, email/Internet marketing, etc.) for increased awareness and lead generation.
· Work closely with internal marketing functions as well as outsourced creative/marketing agencies to deliver high quality, professional materials. Proof materials to ensure content, messaging, spelling and grammar are correct. Follow internal approval process for communication release.
· Work with vendors in getting quotes and procuring services.
· Manage budget and forecast monthly project expenses accurately.
· Manage all marketing activities to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Support the Marketing department in other marketing-related activities as needed.
· The Marketing Communications Specialist must be a multi-tasker with extraordinary attention to detail. He/she must also have the ability to create quality results fast, work well under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
· A minimum of 3-5 years experience in copywriting and creating, planning and executing marketing campaigns with the ability to provide work samples.
· Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communication or related field preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook email, Internet functions and features (browser, search engines, etc), Adobe Acrobat Pro and graphic design applications (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
· Strong background in Customer Relationship Management Tools (e.g. Salesforce.com) and Marketing Automation platforms and processes (e.g. Eloqua, Silverpop Engage) is highly desired.
· Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills (both oral and written) and the ability to work effectively with internal customers.
· Ability to be flexible with working hours as the position may require more than a traditional 40 hour work week. Occasional travel may also be required.
· Healthcare industry experience beneficial.
Emdeon is a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management and clinical information exchange solutions, connecting payers,...