Marketing Specialist – S&P Capital IQ
New York, NY
The Marketing Specialist role will support the S&P Capital IQ marketing team in marketing the full range of capabilities of the business unit including all products and services in the portfolio. Work in the development and execution of all elements of the marketing mix including e-mail campaigns, advertising, direct mail, collateral materials, trade shows, marketing promotions, customer communications, product public relations and market/marketing research, to help the business unit achieve it marketing and business goals. Responsibilities also include marketing communications for the product portfolio, execution of tactical public relations activities, tracking and measuring marketing department effectiveness, as well as assist with Web content management.
[Introductory paragraph summarizing the job. 2-3 sentences (400 characters) max]
- Serve as integral member of the marketing team, independently handling various aspects of marketing projects such as planning, executing, and/or maximizing marketing campaigns to help build awareness, and drive customer acquisition and retention. Coordinate front-end, creative, production, and back-end support for these campaigns. This also entails using all elements of the marketing mix (both online and offline) including Internet marketing, print/Web advertising, direct mail, e-mail campaigns, collateral materials, trade shows, marketing promotions, public relations, customer communications, and market/marketing research.
- Project manages the creation, production, and revision of sales/marketing collateral materials, direct mail pieces, and promotional emails that will promote global sales of S&P Capital IQ’s products and services. Consult with product, marketing and sales managers to research and update content. Supervise the design, printing, production and distribution of all collateral and direct marketing materials (print and online). Plan and execute our participation in trade shows, conferences, user meetings and special events, including attending the event to manage our exhibit space. Execute a variety of tactical public relations activities through in-house and agency resources.
- Create and maintain processes and reports to measure marketing department effectiveness (i.e., return on marketing investment, leads analysis, expense tracking, web usage, customer list acquisition and maintenance, etc.). Support the conversion of these measurement processes/reports into automated processes when possible. Compile, analyze and present marketing campaign/program results to management.
- Manage customer data through data modeling/mining, helping to identify customer behavior and customer segments for forecasting and planning purposes. Research and recommend the purchase of various prospect lists for our customer acquisition campaigns.
- Support internal communications by gathering and editing global business highlights from the Sales and Marketing teams on a weekly basis. This is accomplished through frequent communication with global Sales and Marketing leaders.
- Assist in marketing research initiatives in order to better understand who our customers are, what they need, and how best to communicate our capabilities to them.
[bulleted easy-to-read list; include only pertinent details]
- College degree required, preferably with a major in marketing, business management, info systems, economics, or finance.
- Position requires 2+ years of marketing experience or relevant work experience.
- Requires excellent computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Candidate must be assertive, creative, energetic and resourceful.
- Experience with database marketing, interactive marketing, and Internet marketing.
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
Working at S&P Capital IQ, a subsidiary of McGraw Hill Financial, offers you the best of both worlds: an agile and exciting environment intently focused on the future -- backed by 150+ years of market wisdom from Standard & Poor’s. We attract smart, results-oriented thinkers looking for an open, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
S&P Capital IQ
delivers in-depth intelligence across asset classes and capital structures to more than 4,200 institutions, wealth managers and investment advisors around the world. Built on the 150-year heritage of Standard & Poor’s, S&P Capital IQ brings together key capabilities in research, strategy, evaluation, analysis, data solutions and risk mitigation under one roof. A client-centric firm, S&P Capital IQ has the institutional fortitude of over $1 billion in annual revenue, yet is nimble enough to respond to any client request with a customized, real-world solution.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
S&P Capital IQ
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....