Fulfills business needs by performing a variety of marketing activities including but not limited to event planning, writing, social media and customer service in accordance with departmental and company guidelines and standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinate and plan company events and classes as assigned. This includes the filing for continuing education credits with state agencies and maintaining Society’s status as a CE provider for filed classes.
- Provides customer service and technical support to our agency force and employees for applications developed and supported by the Marketing Department. These applications include: SureRater, Society’s Website, Agency Services and Marketing’s intranet page.
- Represents Society by attending trade shows as well as maintaining, coordinating, and shipping booths for these events throughout the year.
- Works with partner associations by responding to complaints, questions, agreements and advertising to help build and maintain these relationships.
- Writes relevant, concise, and compelling copy for marketing and communication materials for internal and external customers.
- Manages co-op advertising and educational programs with agents.
- Develops and distributes marketing leads; scrubs leads from partner trade associations and other third party sources to make sure they are not current Society policyholders; and maintains records on the effectiveness of lead campaigns.
- Lists and deletes producers and agencies to maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Maintains content on Society’s website, Agency Services, and the Insider to make sure it stays fresh and current. This requires the use of different content management tools.
- Audits Society’s producer listings/un-listings and agency appointments/terminations; reconciles listings against state records; and performs annual felony checks on listed producers.
- Maintains an inventory of promotional items.
- Assists the Marketing Department Business Analyst as needed to help maintain the department’s current applications including requirement writing for service desk change requests and testing requested changes to ensure it meets department needs.
- Maintains the Marketing Department’s procedure manual by writing detailed, step by step instructions for end users to follow.
- Monitors departmental email boxes for incoming messages and route to the appropriate department/individual for follow up.
- Assists with video production, photography, power point presentations, webinars, pod casts, social media posts, creative, and other media as needed to support the overall marketing functions of Society.
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and literature; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to overall Marketing function by completing a variety of assigned projects and duties as assigned with accuracy and timeliness.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, insurance or related field.
- Ability to use multiple software packages (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, Internet applications, e-mail, and Power Point).
- Experience writing copy for marketing campaigns and external communications.
- Knowledge of the independent agency system and basic principles of insurance.
- Knowledge of graphic design concepts and experience applying these concepts in brochures, forms, and other deliverables.
- Experience utilizing electronic publishing software applications and/or graphics editors. (i.e. content management tools, Adobe Presenter, and Adobe Creative Suite).
- Experience in video production and photography.
Society Insurance - 16 months ago
Society Insurance is a mid-sized, commercial lines insurance company located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. We are...