Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism or related area.
Experience: One to three years experience in marketing, marketing communications, or proposal coordination role in an A/E/P environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, flexible attitude, and ability to manage multiple projects required.
Other skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. In-Design or desktop publishing a plus.
The marketing specialist coordinates and manages a wide range of marketing activities in support of the Bedford, NH office and the New England region, including standard proposals. The marketing specialist must be motivated, responsive, and calm under pressure, with a passion for attention to detail. Coordinates with regional/corporate marketing team for companywide standards and guidelines, and resource needs for proposals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work directly with technical practitioners and practice builders to prepare qualifications packages and proposal materials, including writing, editing, verifying, and formatting information.
- Develop schedule, outline, writing assignments, review dates, reviewer assignments and delivery logistics with proposal team; use proposal management plan to document this information, update as necessary. Keep team apprised of schedule and current status.
- Coordinate with practice builders to gather information on pending and future business opportunities and assist in positioning VHB for opportunities and developing winning strategies.
- Plan and organize client events, sponsorships, industry trade show participation and communications. Attend events as appropriate.
- Coordinate with graphic design team to develop regional collateral needs including announcements, ads and other materials.
- Maintain collateral inventory; develop and maintain off-the-shelf qualifications packages.
- Prepare and develop materials for client interviews and work with technical staff to script effective sales presentations.
- Ensure that the various aspects of proposal (win themes, technical scope, staff qualifications and experience, biographical data, firm qualifications) and other marketing materials are accurate, timely and well written. Manage schedule and oversee final document production and quality control.
- Responsible for proposal compliance with RFP. Tailor qualifications data to RFP and provide input to visual approach for communicating information using charts, tables, graphs. Coordinate graphic design requirements and schedule with graphic design team.
- Write marketing sections and edit materials from other authors to ensure that VHB’s proposal is a complete, cohesive, internally-consistent response. Coordinate communication and responses from subconsultants.
- Assist the marketing information team in collecting new information created for proposals into VHB’s marketing information systems; Attend debriefs and distribute information that can be used to improve future proposals.
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Inc. - 22 months ago