Contributes to the achievement of VACU’s strategic goals through project and administrative support of the Marketing Department and creative design and copywriting of marketing campaign elements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and updates marketing materials, such as brochures, branch material, direct mail, inserts and other promotional materials.
- Produces and manages the printing of assigned marketing materials with vendors.
- Provides administrative and project support for various marketing functions.
- Communicates campaign updates to frontline employees through the use of support materials, email and intranet.
- Partners with marketing team and others to coordinate and execute marketing material within the branches.
- Manages physical inventory and inventory records for brochures and other marketing materials.
- Updates web site content including developing creative for the web and performing routine web maintenance and updates.
- Develops and coordinates the production of on hold phone messages.
- Periodically sets up and deploys VACU member e-mails.
- Assists with social media monitoring and engagement, including developing creative content.
- Assists Scholarship Administrators with annual scholarship programs.
- May periodically act as photographer at VACU events and activities.
- Completes all required BSA and OFAC training. Reports all suspicious activity to Fraud Risk Management.
- Other duties may be required and assigned by the supervisor.
Understanding of marketing communications principles.
- Excellent written and effective verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated performance in graphic design concepts and copy writing.
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience in desktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with Social Media such as Facebook and Twitter a plus.
- Demonstrated web development or web update experience preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Initiative and willingness to learn.
- Manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with team members to achieve goals.
- Work with vendors to coordinate production and delivery of marketing materials.
- Prefer college degree in marketing, graphic design or related areas.
- Sufficient years of demonstrated work experience in graphic design, copywriting and production of print.
This job requires the ability to sit and stand for long periods of time. This job requires occasionally lifting up to 30 pounds.