Western Kentucky University
Division of Extended Learning and Outreach
Marketing Specialist, DELO
Purpose of Position
The Division of Extended Learning & Outreach (DELO) Marketing Specialist at Western Kentucky University is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining all print and web marketing for the division and its units. This position works as an integral part of the DELO marketing staff and with all DELO units and their partners. The position reports to the DELO Marketing Manager and is responsible for supporting the marketing/design efforts of the division and assisting in the implementation of the internal/external marketing plans.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institution needs.
- Designs, develops, and maintains websites for DELO
- Develops advertisements, flyers, and posters for electronic and print use
- Develops professional, state of the art presentations using video and other media
- Develops graphics and utilizes digital images to promote DELO units through the web, newsletters, advertisements, banners, posters, brochures, etc.
- Coordinates with the DELO staff to identify and develop ideas and processes for using the Internet which will enhance customer service, promote the division, and achieve new revenue generation opportunities
- Researches and determines the best electronic and print marketing tools to reach targeted audiences
- Identifies and develops new features, services, and other site modifications designed to increase website usage and satisfaction
- Reports website usage statistics
- Assists in the creation and execution of DELO marketing opportunities
- Provides support to DELO units to integrate print projects into electronic formats
- Researches and determines leading edge options for use in all aspects of marketing
- Assists in marketing promotional activities, as needed
- Assists DELO units in the usage of ACEWARE and Intelliworks software
- May require occasional office duties such as filing, copying, faxing, record keeping, and collecting marketing samples
Minimum Training and Experience Required
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, print advertising, interactive advertising, web design, or a related field
- Proven website design capabilities
- Demonstrated expertise in website design software such as Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Minimum two years of strong experience using Adobe products including InDesign and Illustrator
- Minimum two years of experience in a professional team environment (i.e. giving and receiving feedback, working together to accomplish goals, and project collaboration)
- Knowledge in developing dynamic, functional webpages through database interactivity using PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge in managing MySQL databases using phpMyAdmin and SQL
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Capability of ensuring that website design meets the most current web standards
- Ability to ensure the webpages render appropriately across multiple browsers and additional platforms, such as handheld devices
- Knowledge of federal requirements to ensure website design meets accessibility specifications
- Ability to manage student employees performing technical tasks
- Expertise in the primary Microsoft Office components (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize, work well under pressure, and be very detail-oriented
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Physical and Mental Abilities Required
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to be diplomatic and work productively with many personality types and opinions
- Must be able to focus on detailed tasks for long periods of time
- Must have a valid drivers license to travel to events and trainings when necessary
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, current resume, and names, addresses and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please refer to the following website to apply:
. For further assistance call (270) 745-5934. Please reference requisition number S3710. For full consideration, submit application materials on or before July 23, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Kentucky state law requires all public institutions of postsecondary education to conduct pre-employment criminal background checks to determine suitability for employment.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
InsideHigherEd.com - 17 months ago