At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t only the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in timberland management, and manufacturing and distribution of wood products in the world.
The Marketing Specialist is an integral member of the Wood Products Marketing Communications team and provides sales and marketing team support.
- Create print collateral, email marketing campaigns and other marketing materials
- Direct outside vendors in production, design and delivery of marketing materials
- Create regional materials, including custom promotions, flyers, ads and emails
- Execute and promote events, including trade shows, customer seminars, contractor days, and open houses
- Handle inquiries from sales, from the simple (“Where is that thing I need again?”) to the complex (“I need a custom promotion”)
- Manage customizable marketing materials site, including adding new pieces, editing existing pieces, managing user accounts and promoting new available materials to the field
- Update and refresh sales tools on internal website
- Assist with customer research
- Assist with internal communications and employee engagement
- Assist in the administration of customer programs and promotions
The following qualifications are required:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing position
- Self-directed with ability to work independently
- Print design skills and/or a good eye and ability to work collaboratively with a designer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Relentless attention to detail
- Recognize problems, react quickly to issues, manage through complexity and enlist outside assistance when necessary
- Tolerant of uncertainty
- Can work across businesses, functions and personalities with ease
- Excellent project management skills and ability to work under tight timelines
- Act with a frugal mindset
- Experienced with email marketing and email marketing tools – ActiveCampaign, etc.
- Understanding of business-to-business marketing strategy and experience implementing results-oriented tactics
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...