- Requisition #: 201037552
- Job Category: Marketing
- Operation: International Marketing
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20G
- Job Code: 0879
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: ATLANTA, GA 30328 - UPS CORPORATE OFFICES
The Marketing Strategy Senior Analyst gathers data and performs analyses necessary to develop and evaluate UPS’ Marketing Strategy. He/She consults with internal subject matter experts to assist in identifying the best approach to gathering information and solving business issues. The Marketing Strategy Senior Analyst conducts detailed external analysis to help develop a current and future view of markets. In addition, he/she provides information on current UPS capabilities and performance including profiles of current UPS customers. The Marketing Strategy Senior Analyst is also responsible for summarizing and communicating the results of the analyses to key stakeholders throughout the organization. The Marketing Strategy Senior Analyst may manage Specialists and Administrative staff.
Gathers and Prepares Data for Analyses and Presentations
Analyzes Industry Trends
- Develops subject matter expertise on internal and external sources of information (e.g., customer data, market data, industry data, etc.) for analyses to provide information for decision making.
- Gains access to secondary data sources and in-house reporting tools (e.g., BIA, Data Warehouse, etc.) to gather data for analyses and decision making.
- Gains consensus from team members and other stakeholders on assumptions used in different analyses to ensure accuracy of analyses.
- Synthesizes and analyzes data to reach conclusions to support decisions of the Marketing Strategy group.
Evaluates Market Conditions
- Identifies the key trends in each region/product to determine how they impact customers, industry, competitors, and UPS.
- Consults with subject matter experts to develop a complete understanding of the relevant trends.
- Prioritizes the key trends to better understand and clarify UPS’s ability to reach growth targets.
Provides Competitive Insights
- Establishes a demand overview for each region/product combination, focusing on absolute and percentage growth by product, lane and commodity, to prioritize marketing efforts.
- Assesses changes in capacity/supply for the different region/product combinations to facilitate development of growth strategies.
- Develops directional estimates of the future trend for yields in each region/product combination to assess UPS’s future profitability.
- Collects demand, supply and yield information to identify and prioritize marketing opportunities.
Conducts Customer Analysis
- Identifies the key competitors in each market segment and understands their market position relative to UPS to assess competitive challenges.
- Consults with subject matter experts to develop competitor profiles.
- Develops Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats (SWOT) analyses of key competitors to identify market advantages and disadvantages.
- Analyzes competitors’ current investments and strategies around each region/product to forecast potential future actions of key competitors.
Summarizes and Communicates Strategic Findings
- Analyzes current UPS customer profiles by market segment (e.g., size, industry, etc.) to identify strategies for different customer segments.
- Identifies attractive customer segments and the respective service providers (UPS competitors) to prioritize marketing efforts.
- Works with Marketing Research on relevant customer related projects to gain insights into customer needs.
- Develops an understanding of the critical buying factors for the attractive market segments to facilitate development of appropriate marketing strategies.
- Creates a plan to position the correct value proposition for attractive customer segments to improve effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Visits customers to expand understanding of customer needs.
- Evaluates and summarizes analyses to communicate appropriate information to stakeholders.
- Addresses stakeholder concerns and incorporates feedback and insights into conclusions and recommendations to facilitate decision-making.
- Communicates recommendations to key stakeholders to gain consensus on future actions.
- Applies Economic Analysis and Forecasting Knowledge
- Develops forecasting models that take into consideration economic conditions, market opportunities, and UPS business performance.
- Applies Financial Knowledge
- Applies Information Analysis & Solution Generation Knowledge
- Applies Knowledge of Segmenting and Targeting
- Applies analytics to select and recommend target segments. Identifies the unique needs of targeted segments and defines value statements accordingly.
- Applies Problem Definition & Structuring Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
- Master's Degree - Preferred
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Authorized to Work in the U.S.
UPS - 18 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...